Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Uplifting quotes & Inspiring Thoughts

Eugene March 22nd, 2014

I hope you can help me add uplifting and inspiring quotes here.

Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.
― Thích Nhất Hạnh, Peace Is Every Step: The Path of Mindfulness in Everyday Life

FH:54

ah5683 May 3rd, 2015

I recently got a tattoo of a quote that gets me through some tough times. Hopefully it helps someone as much as it has helped me. "Without struggle, there is no progress"

DianaPrince May 3rd, 2015

Don't let the b@$t@**$ get you down xoxo (sorry for the b word)

CallMeVespers May 3rd, 2015

No one is born with hate in their heart. Hate is something that has been taught. It is not an innate survival skill that we need. It is a form of stupidity that penetrates our minds and will eventually destroy us."

otpdestiel May 4th, 2015

You may feel like the fries on the bottom of the McDonald's bag. Someday someone's gonna notice you and be happy they found you.

kashu510 May 4th, 2015

No matter how lonelywe feel, we have to remember that there is someone in our lives that we can count on. We just have to be open our eyes and see who it is.

AutumnLeigh May 4th, 2015

Life has no horizons so you might as well keep swimming.

~ Alan Rickman

WiseCupcake22 May 4th, 2015

"'Don't ever forget that kindness is always free" Love this!

AnnaDewitt May 4th, 2015

Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.
It matters that you don't just give up
- Stephen Hawking

calmHuman4508 May 12th, 2015

I so need this right now

calmWriter5026 May 4th, 2015

Here's one that always made me think.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.

carefulTiger1351 May 5th, 2015

When people learn my past and what I live through everyday they often wonder how I smile soo much. My simple answer is; I have a future waiting for me to arrive. My future that's waiting for me to do what I love, to travel any place I want, to see things that not everyone gets to see. My future where I'm happy and content because I've made the decision to keep pushing on. To look at the greater things in that moment because it's better to have a smile than a frown. Because it's better to have a twinkle in your eyes than the tears that stain your cheeks. Because in this moment, it's better to be happy in the sky than to be sad underneath.

hopscotcheyelids May 5th, 2015

Above all shadows rides the sun?Sam's Song, Lord of the Rings: Return of the King.

PetalsOnTheWind May 5th, 2015

Once upon a time there was a crooked tree and a straight tree. And they grew next to each other. And every day the straight tree would look at the crooked tree and he would say, "You're crooked. You've always been crooked and you'll continue to be crooked. But look at me! Look at me!" said the straight tree. He said, "I'm tall and I'm straight." And then one day the lumberjacks came into the forest and looked around, and the manager in charge said, "Cut all the straight trees." And that crooked tree is still there to this day, growing strong and growing strange.

-Wristcutters: A Love story.

I have good and bad news for you and everyone else. Bad news: You'll never fit in. Good news?: The great ones never do. I'll quote Marilyn Monroe: If I followed all the rules everyone set for me, I would never have gotten anywhere. Hugs and kisses! Xoxo, ~A

OLiveAlive May 6th, 2015

Everyone who terrifies you is sixty-five percent water.
And everyone you love is made of stardust, and I know sometimes
you cannot even breathe deeply, and
the night sky is no home, and
you have cried yourself to sleep enough times
that you are down to your last two percent, but

nothing is infinite,
not even loss.

You are made of the sea and the stars, and one day
you are going to find yourself again.

-Finn Butler

CompassionateHeart2 May 7th, 2015

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world"

- Nelson Mandela

AnsweredPrayers May 7th, 2015

Every event is a learning opportunity.

pinkfloydsgurl May 7th, 2015

Make meditation compulsory in schools"As Noodle says, 'It's important to teach kids how to be measured in their minds. How to be bored, learn poise, breathing, a sense of calm and freedom from the desire for more; the understanding that knowing how to pause can be an advance.' "Part of evolution is knowing when to stop. After fiddling with my iPhone I feel so cranked up and speedy I could bite someone's face, like someone's been scribbling in my brain. Can't be good for the kids today growing up staring at the info equivalent of a strobe light smashing round their bonces 24/7."

-Murdoc Niccals

Yourmom May 7th, 2015

Life is filled with two kind of days. Good days and bad days. And I know bad days suck but without bad days we won't have good days.

Jenna May 7th, 2015

"Take what you learn and make a difference with it"

Myserendipity May 8th, 2015

The Best Is Yet To Come.

Jenna May 8th, 2015

"Each time we face our fear, we gain strength, courage, and confidence in the doing."

Pingata169 May 8th, 2015

"Sometimes the heart is so heavy that we turn away from it and forget that its throbbing is the wisest message of life, a wordless message that says, "Live, be, move, rejoice -- you are alive!" Without the heart's wise rhythm, we could not exist." -Michael Jackson

Jenna May 8th, 2015

"Confidence is not achieved overnight. It can be achieved by learning from mistakes, it can be achieved by learning from experience."

Afvaldr May 8th, 2015

"There is neither good news nor bad news, only news" Master Uguay

SkyeRayne1995 May 8th, 2015

"If Everyone cared and nobody cried, if everyone loved and nobody lied, if everyone shared and swallowed their pride, then we'd see the day when nobody died." - 'If Everyone Cared' by Nickleback

LovendrIneffable May 8th, 2015

The brightest lights we shine come from the darkest candles we burn.

gnarlie May 8th, 2015

While looking for the moon

so many miss the stars.

Not as bright.

Nor as big.

But somewhere...

Those same stars...

are someone else's sun.

-L.S

Jenna May 8th, 2015

Experience is not what happens to someone. It is what someone does with what has happened to them. - Aldous Huxley

parkerm May 8th, 2015

i'm cold -

cecetiger May 8th, 2015

"Closeup even green grass has its brown strands. No one is perfect no matter how great they may seem from the outside." -JJ Yosh

rubberSeal222 May 8th, 2015

During my last session with my therapist in high school, she told me "Whatever happens, happens." The reason she said that is because I sometimes have a hard time accepting things as they are. I think it really stuck with me.

rubberSeal222 May 8th, 2015

During my last session with my therapist in high school, she told me "Whatever happens, happens." The reason she said that is because I sometimes have a hard time accepting things as they are. I think it really stuck with me.

Ostara May 8th, 2015

"Oppression is not your unwanted criticism but the terrifying silence."

Ostara May 8th, 2015

Failure isn't just a type of experience; it's probably the best kind. It can only make you a better person.

AJDJ May 8th, 2015

If you have a problem and you know you can solve it, why worry? :)

sympatheticAcai1978 May 8th, 2015

Mom always told me things always happen for a reason!!

CollieLuvR2 May 8th, 2015

Sometimes, the best "medicine" is to get outside of our own wants and desires and do something to make someone else happy :)

Kvsports1 May 8th, 2015

I hav

Kvsports1 May 8th, 2015

I have no wise words, no intelligent thoughts, no new promises, but i do have myself and my own life to make and do as i wish with it!