Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

How do you find your motivation when you're experiencing burnout?

PhenomenalGurrl May 22nd, 2023

When you're overworked and neglecting your needs, or when you often get so overwhelmed that you find yourself shutting down, zoning out, and lacking a sense of urgency, what makes you get up? What are some tips that you guys have to get more willpower and drive to get through each day?

Comment below!

Jaeteuk May 22nd, 2023

I usually try to think of the state of mind I was in when I was active, to rekindle the initial spark. Or I'll think of what I can reward myself when the day ends. I often zone out when I'm working overtime, as my work involves a lot of walking around, it does get quite tiring. But things have to get done and ready for the next day. To prevent colleagues coming in the morning and complaining about my work (leaving things behind), it can get quite tiring and mentally draining as I need to worry about that too.

@PhenomenalGurrl

PhenomenalGurrl OP May 23rd, 2023

@Jaeteuk that's very cool, thanks for sharing! I hope I can integrate that to my own habits ;-;

compassionateCar7091 May 26th, 2023

I look on Pinterest when I feel burnout for inspiration

TessTickle June 1st, 2023

Pray is the most powerful to me, but I know it does not apply to everyone. So here comes the second one, staring and contemplating at nature, scenery, and your surrounding. I have a small garden in my yard, so I usually take a break and sit there, just looking at plants, flowers, and fish in the pond.

IsayUncle June 2nd, 2023

@PhenomenalGurrl

Working all the time and getting overwhelmed is so hard to manage. I'm sorry. 😞

I try to get selfish or very protective of my time and with what little I have; I either rest or do something productive to my daily tasks or project. Little bits and forge forward.

I say "I try" because I tend to help other people, letting my junk pile up and sadly do it too often. Be protective with your time and do little bits for yourself whenever you can.

I'm fortunate to have a break for several weeks because it was catching up to me too and depression was starting to discourage me. I hope you can find some way to take a break if you need it.