Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Daily Chit Chat with a Friend

IsayUncle August 10th, 2022

Sometimes Goals and Accomplishments are Not the Most Important thing of the day.
Just a nice Chit Chat with a friend is all that is needed.
_1660172866.image.png
So... How was your day today?
kindPond3139 September 17th, 2022

It's not so great so far

IsayUncle OP September 17th, 2022

@kindPond3139

Maybe it'll get better, anything you want to talk about? _1663423239.image.png

Psalm139 September 17th, 2022

@IsayUncle We've never gone out on the Mississippi on a boat but we did go on paddle boats at a lake we were camping at earlier this summer. It was fun and really a workout for the legs! I went when I was young too but it had been a long time! The only boats I see out are motor boats in our area of the river. I know they have a show boat you can go on here too but we haven't done that either. Just the quiet and breeze walking along the river is perfect ๐Ÿ’™

@Psalm139

I hope you're haveing fun! One of the kids showed up for work at 1:30pm... UGGGGH! BUT I'm glad. He's turning into a real trouble maker on the bus so I'm really glad he took me up on my offer. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Psalm139 September 17th, 2022

@IsayUncle We made the cake together and then it was raining so the girls and I went shopping instead of for a walk. Rylee got a new hoodie and flannel at Kohl's. Then we went to hobby lobby and she got a sketch book. We came home and had cake and ice cream. So it was fun even with the rain. I love hobby lobby. I could buy the whole store, lol.

How was it with your bus kid? I know you were hoping they wouldn't show but hopefully it turned out well. I imagine he's gone home now? How was the rest of your day?๐Ÿ’™

IsayUncle OP September 18th, 2022

@Psalm139

I love stores like that too. GOOD MORNING - _1663483696.image.png

What a feel good day you had and shared. Thank you so much. I love happy days. _1663483866.image.png

My day was good, Poor kid literally did not know which end of a wrench to use, 9th grade. Mechanically retarded. (not slang, his knowledge is just retarded... a lot)

Retarded in the sense of the word (Held back... Behind times... Delayed knowledge). I realize if I'm going to do this thing, It will not be getting kids to help me do things but more about me being out there with them 90% of the time doing things with them. That's probably what they want and need the most. ๐Ÿ’š

Psalm139 September 18th, 2022

@IsayUncle Yeah it was a fun day. But then you didn't say anything last night so I was worried about you. Did you go to bed early?

I imagine some of the kids will be like that. Especially with foster kids. They probably haven't had anyone to teach them those things yet or take an interest in them.

What are you doing today?

@Psalm139

I forgot to say good nite but everything is ok. Today was a busy morning zeroing in on my routine and then went to visit a friend that was babysitting his 1.5 year old grandson. First time I had a chance to meet him, so that was awesome. Then I went grocery shopping, which I have to put away now, so a very productive morning. ๐Ÿ˜Š

how about you? what's shaking today?

agreeableTangerine2563 September 17th, 2022

I'm doing ok could use someone to talk to

@agreeableTangerine2563

I'm sorry I can't be here right now. It would be reall nice if evryone started chatting with everyone else too. that way, more people would have more people to talk to.

I know what it's like to want to talk at the moment but the best I can do right now is reply to posts. Please post what's going on and I'll respond. i know it's not the same. ๐Ÿ˜ž I'm sorry.

@psychtech69

That sounds like a great idea. I have no idea how to go about doing that but i hope someone reading this points you in the right direction. That could help so many other people out. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

courageousSouth6194 September 17th, 2022

@IsayUncle

TeaPuerhWarm September 17th, 2022

That has been a satisfying day so far. Went to a mini comic-con and had Hawaiian food for lunch. Took a nap, cleaned the fridge, and going to go take a walk.

@TeaPuerhWarm

Sounds like a wonderful day. I hope you enjoyed your walk and had a great evening! _1663483361.image.png

TeaPuerhWarm September 18th, 2022

That I did! It was much needed.

sensibleWater4269 September 18th, 2022

My day is gloomy,๐Ÿ˜”

@sensibleWater4269

Are you OK with that? Sometimes I like feeling gloomy and just watching Tv, how about you? Is it gloomy outside or can you maybe go for a walk, that often helps me a lot. Either way I hope you feel better._1663491648.image.png _1663491720.image.png

@IsayUncle I'm glad you're ok and you are having a good day. We rearranged our bedroom and signed up for fubo so Justin could watch football. I cancelled all our other tv streaming besides Amazon to offset the expense. I don't feel very well so I'm just watching tv too right now. I am going to try to get caught up on cleaning though later.

@Psalm139

How much does fubo cost? I've never ept up with sports much except for a few years when I worked a factory and we would bet on football games, umongst ourselves.... that was a lot of fun. i really only like football and now with the kids I might try to keep up with it a little more. What did you get rid of, Netflix? Discovery?

I'm sorry you're not feeling too good, Big day yesterday... wear you out? What's up, just tired or frustrated at something?

@IsayUncle Fubo is about $85 a month after taxes and local sports fees for the cheapest option. We cancelled Netflix, Hulu + Disney, HBO max, and a channel I had on prime which added up to over $40. So we are still paying more but cancelling those will offset the cost and Justin is very happy lol. The Bears are on tonight.

I have a sore throat today and feel tired but also I forgot my medicine last night and I am kind of down too because I think I'm DONE done talking to my listener. All he does is talk about his taco Tuesdays and going out to dinner or games or for motorcycle rides and he asks how I am. But anytime anything is wrong he just says I need therapy. But that isn't really helpful and it's almost depressing talking to someone that seems to have no problems ever. Idk. I know he isn't really perfect because I found out about something in his past not long after we started talking that is a pretty big deal. Maybe he overcompensates trying to look perfect because he knows I know about it. Idk. But I told him I don't think we relate well a couple days ago and he didn't say anything back. If I thought it could be like it was at first I would try but it's literally the same thing over and over and I'm over it. But I'm sad because I do/did care about him and like talking to him for quite a while. I think I do better when I don't have time to think.

@Psalm139

Awww, I'm sorry. sometimes things aren't so bad the next day. I told you that I had a past that was different than now. That was one of my biggest faults ever! I used to talk about all the positive things I was doing and thought that alone would help people be positive. All it really did was put me in the light of an egotist. And people disliked me for years building on years but I was detemined to insist. I was so naive and blind to the truth until it ws unleashed on me a couple years ago. That's when I came to 7Cups and I think I've found a better path. At least I'm trying and people like you help me a lot. I am thankful.๐Ÿ™

Maybe your listener is doing something similar... always talking about himself trying to boost you up but being naive and blind to the reality?? Just saying, i don't Know?

I hope your sore throat does not worsen into a full blown cold._1663526365.image.png

The TV thing seems awfully drastic, but if it works, SUPER! Is it for a whole year or just a few month's. What do you watch on YouTube? I signed up for the premium membership for 12.95 a month. (NO premium TV though) Ilike youtube a lot.

@IsayUncle I think he just is trying to make conversation because I basically stopped initiating anything with him because I know he will just tell me to go to therapy or tell me what predictable fun things he's doing that day or week. He actually reminds me a lot of my brother. Except that my brother doesn't have a criminal past that he acts like never happened. Lol. Oh well. He was really nice at first. He helped me to get away from that other listener that wasn't good for me that I had become so attached to. But yeah I relate to people that can be real and admit they struggle with things. Otherwise the conversation just feels so empty and pointless and fake.

@Psalm139

I think we all could benefit from good helpful therapy but don't need people telling us we need to go. We go when we need to go and only if we have someone we trust which is really hard to find. I'm really sorry you haven't hit on the right listener yet but it's a big ocean and there's a lot of fish in the sea so be patient and throw back the non-keepers. Waste no time or emotion on them and stay in the boat hopeful of a better person next time.

@Psalm139

Try not to be too bummed out. _1663528644.image.png

@Psalm139

Are resting up good, I hope so. I'm about to taclkle my fridge. Which means lots of food preperation for food preservation and salad making.

@IsayUncle What kind of veggies do you like in your salads? Do you add walnuts or almonds for healthy fat? What do you use for dressing?

I don't eat salads because I haven't found a way I like it. Sometimes I will buy the steam fresh broccoli florets though and eat a whole bag at a time though. Or air fry zucchini and squash. Both are yummy, healthy, and low calorie. Carrots and hummus is really good too.

@Psalm139

I'll be exploring a lot of new variations of salads and vegetable dishes when I go into full health mode ( i think you'll ptobably come in real handy then) hehe, but right now, just the basics. Lettuce, Kale, Spinach, Carrots, Peppers, Onions, Radishes, Cuc's, Broccoli, Cauliflower and that's about it. When I buy that amount of veggies I like to juice some too.. when time allows. I also use all dressings, store bought and home made.

BTW, with my evolving routine I've automatically stopped stress eating by 60% i think.

@IsayUncle. That sounds like a great variety of veggies to start with! And that's awesome that your stress eating has reduced so much! That alone should help a ton with your weight goals!๐Ÿ’™

@Psalm139

Soooo..... This thread continues to attract members, which is awesome. Catchy title and cool graphic I guess. Who woulda thunk it?

I know earlier you wanted to get off the main thread so I asked an elder how to get more private. She gave me some ideas to share with you. Would you feel better doing that or staying on the chit chat page?

@IsayUncle I think it would be nice to have our own place to talk if it would be possible. It is hard to find our conversations sometimes.

@Psalm139

Do you want to do something like these examples?

@IsayUncle That looks perfect! S๏ปฟorry it took a bit to respond. I didn't make the pizza last night so I made it tonight.

@Psalm139

Yum Yum your OK.

So ok then we'll get something like that set up. In a couple days OK? I am swamped in the Am and the PM... i didn't finish my fridge, working tomorrow afternoon, student tomorrow eevening and then the same thing on tuesday... aye yie yie, what did i do? It's all good.

Good nite M, I hope you felt better after resting some. ๐Ÿ’š

@IsayUncle Ok that sounds good. Goodnight ๐Ÿ’™

IsayUncle OP September 19th, 2022

@Psalm139

Good Morning, I hope you are feeling a little better. I started that new thread already. I tagged you but not sure how that works so here is the link anyway. Wake up gentle this morning and enjoy your coffee.๐Ÿ’š. We can start talking on the new thread whenever you are ready. A crazy hectic day for me today, so you hang in there and enjoy the day or rest if you need to; whatever your body says. Go with the flow as they say. ๐Ÿ˜Š. We'll talk more this evening.

https://www.7cups.com/forum/GeneralSupport_28/DiaryEntries_1597/AQuietSpaceforPsalm139andIsayUnclePleasedonotreplyorrespondThankYou_286274/

Christina25 September 19th, 2022

@IsayUncle But for some people just leaving the house and chatting to people can feel like they have accomplished something.

IsayUncle OP September 19th, 2022

@Christina25

That is So So Very True! At one time that was was a very hard but very serious goal for me to try to do once a week. Thank You for pointing that out and commenting on it. It is a wonderful and very valuable accomplishment! ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š

courageousSouth6194 September 19th, 2022

@IsayUncleโ˜บ๏ธ

IsayUncle OP September 24th, 2022

@courageousSouth6194

cat-driving-serious.gif

KaizenPotato October 24th, 2022

@IsayUncle My sucked today.