Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Need some motivation

navyCurrent2303 August 30th, 2023

Hi everyone? Hope everyone is doing well. I need little understanding on how can I make body listen to me or my mind? I know I need to exercise and I want to exercise like I visualise myself lifting weights and having toned body but when it comes to action I don’t feel like getting out of bed or putting so much of effort. Why?? What should I do?

Themaninblackxxx August 31st, 2023

@navyCurrent2303

You don't need motivation

You just have to make yourself do it

No need to feel motivated

Find some exercise that you can do today. It doesn't have to be hard, in fact its better if its not. All you need to feel at the end is that "yes I can feel I have worked out" feeling

Then do it again a couple of days later

and keep doing it

No need for "motivation"

Helpyhelper10564 September 1st, 2023

And also try to make do things that you hate the most.IT WILL CALLOUS YOUR BRAIN

nitinbais1988 September 1st, 2023

@navyCurrent2303

hey navy i appreciate your post and to be open to your problem and share it in the forum. the problem is that when our mind imagines it imagines beyond out physical limitations as thoughts and emotions come flying out with sparkling colours. so what happens is when we go out in reality we realise things are much harder but our conscience tells us that it is not impossible. so putting thoughts into actions takes sheer determination from within us willing to come out from our comfort zone and then in reality thoughts and actions go together and our goals whatever may be is achievable. hope my post inspires you.

cafelatte46 September 18th, 2023

@navyCurrent2203

I’m exactly the same. Having someone hold you accountable may help. I like to figure skate so I take private lessons from a coach. Since I know she’s at the rink waiting for me I can’t easily get out of it! 😆 Of course there are days when my depression is bad and I have to cancel but more often than not knowing she’s there helps me get out of bed.

If not private lessons or a personal trainer how about group classes somewhere?