Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

2 Hour Meditation Challenge 🧘‍♂️

May 1st, 2023

What's the longest you have meditated for so far?
What has been your experience?
Do you take on the 2 hour meditation challenge?

meditation-yoga.gif

Come back when you finish the challenge and share with us your experience

Difference between mindfulness and meditation

People who have completed the challenge so far:
@YesYouMatter

May 1st, 2023

@DonaldDraper the way i see it, meditation is when i am totally involved in a creative work, when i am feeling constantly in an inspired mood!

longest i think was 3-4 hours, though my aim is to be in this mood 24/7

Chill3dcoffee May 1st, 2023

Can relate with you

Emerbliss May 1st, 2023

@Fristo, I have never looked upon meditation the way you see it. But now that I think of it , I agree. The goal is to relax and get ourselves to a better mindspace after all!!

VaryingCloud May 1st, 2023

@Fristo

That does sound like being fully involved in the moment.. being fully alive!

compassionateCar7091 May 1st, 2023

That sounds like a good idea 24/7

SoothingHope May 1st, 2023

@DonaldDraper

Mhhm 2 hours is long, I dont think I can do that. The longest I have done is 30 minutes so maybe I'll challenge myself for 1 hour. If i try 2 hours im definitely gonna fall asleep🤣

May 1st, 2023

@SoothingHope okay, 1 hour. And maybe when you complete it you can try for 2 hours in future

Wayward7Good7Intentions May 2nd, 2023

@DonaldDraper

What's the longest you have meditated for so far? ~1 hour
What has been your experience? ~I felt lighter like my mind and heart doesn't feel as heavy
Do you take on the 2 hour meditation challenge? ~I would haha it would be like a nap

YesYouMatter May 4th, 2023

@DonaldDraper I've done two hours once.My butt felt like stone...even with the cusion!

May 4th, 2023

@YesYouMatter wow, I wasn't expecting that hehe. But really, big Kudos for completing 2 hours 😀

May 5th, 2023

Doing something we enjoy can be called as mindfulness. As we are using our whole mind in that activity.
Meditation is different as it trains your mind to focus on nothing but on itself.

Added a related link Mindfulness vs meditation to read the difference in more detail

@Fristo , @Chill3dcoffee , @Emerbliss , @VaryingCloud , @compassionateCar7091 , @SoothingHope , @Wayward7Good7Intentions , @YesYouMatter

VaryingCloud May 5th, 2023

@DonaldDraper

Maybe mindfulness is like focusing and meditation is like training our minds to be in that state for long? 🤔 Not sure xD but I think I’ll doze off if I try to meditate for that long!

But yess.. well done to all who finished the challenge!! 👏👏🥳

Emerbliss May 5th, 2023

@DonaldDraper, thank you for getting it straight! I didn't know the difference. Will check out the link ^^

positiveWind451 May 5th, 2023

@DonaldDraper

Sorry Pass. Meditation is not about number of hours.

May 5th, 2023

@positiveWind451 True, wind. What is your view?

May 5th, 2023

@DonaldDraper this is stupid to say but... Whenever i try to meditate it makes me fall asleep again. I need to master it?