Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What is a good Mindfulness Journal Planner ?

Linux2022 August 13th

I am digging deeper into Mindfulness, so little I know about ... from its origin in the 70s with Thich Nhat Hanh as the father of Mindfulness, he published the book "The Miracle of Mindfulness" in 1975.

Time flies by ...

For now I use a normal notebook, just blank pages. Yet, it ends in a total chaos. I mix up all different topics (from daily planning, ideas, financial issues, notices of webinars etc. ...).

I think about a "blank book" being used as "Mindfulness Journal Planner". Yet, there are so many in the market. 

screenshot-2024-08-16-at-17-15-32_1723824936.png

screenshot-2024-08-16-at-17-15-48_1723824953.png

So first I like to learn from your own experiences as money is tight and there are so many different parameters:

1.) What page prints are best ? (blank, lined, checkered)

2.) What size (paperback, hardcover, tradebook) ? DINA4, DINA5, DINA6. I think in US there are inches, e.g. Hardcover: 9×6 inches – 229 x 152 mm or 11×8.5 inches - 279 x 216 mm
and for Softcover: 8.00 × 10.00 in (20.32 × 25.40 cm) 

3.) Binding ? (e.g. spiral, linen back)

4.) special features: e.g. perforated pages

5.) added features in a mindfulness planner ?
    - Daily reminders (e.g. one mindfulpractise for each day of the week) 
    - Basic hints (overview) about mindfulness technics, e.g. breathing, meditation walking ...
    - daily quotes 

6.) Number of blank pages ? E.g. 100, 200, 300

7.) Softpaper or Hardcover in gloss, gloss-matte or matte ? (matte mostly you can see the finger prints)

8.) How much should I spend ? - Should I buy for every month or quarter (3 months) another journal to keep it organized ? 

9.) Others ??

Tks in advance sharing your experience.

fruityHoliday63 September 2nd

@Linux2022

A good mindfulness journal planner, what comes to my mind is the what I found on the YouTube channel of Danielle Marie Carolan. She has a daily planner and other various ones. Her designs are really intuitive and aesthetic. If I were to buy one, I would have gotten from her. But personally, I don't have a physical copy. I just use to do my planner on my phone these days. I have on Google Keep where I have different note (pages) for different areas that need mindful planning like a page for what I have completed reading, am currently reading and plan to read, then a page for my weekly to-dos and monthly to-dos, a page for quotes or reminders to inspire me for the month, a page for my financial accounting of expenditures, savings and income, a page for longer term goals and so on... I can color and beautify each page differently and easily update it and my phone is always with me so I find this effective. Hope you find what works best for you! Best wishes 

Linux2022 OP September 2nd

@fruityHoliday63 tks for sharing your own way to get your life planned. Never heard of Google Keep. :-) Will take a look at. Tks also for the youtube hint. Also there I will take a look at. 👍

Tulipsmile September 2nd

@Linux2022

Wow I was really looking for journal design so I  can use it 

If you have any design or HD pic for it that may help me alot 

I want to copy it and use it 😇🌷

Gettingbettertoday September 3rd

@Linux2022

Some people will need a "Book" to write in but do you? Its just paper, why spend real money on it unless you want to show it off. Note books are cheap and allow words written on them just as well as any "Journal".