Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Support discussions

amiablePeace77 March 27th

Hello everyone, we hope you’re all doing okay 💙

Today, we would like to give you an update on discussions taking place in the 50+ and mindfulness community.

At the moment we are in the process of working on discussion templates and also creating new ones for discussions in future. Soulsings, adventurousBranch3786 and me, amiablePeace77  want to offer you the best options possible and for this we need your help.

Please submit possible discussion topics in this thread, example Dealing with feelings of loneliness. Kindly let us know as well what discussion times fit you best.

Kindly also give us feedback on the how the discussions have been going and what you would like to see changed. We kindly ask you to use constructive criticism and avoid being critical and we can work on it. 

We appreciate your help 🙏

www.7cups.com/@soulsings amiablePeace77 adventurousBranch3786

amiablePeace77 OP March 27th

Current taglist as of March 22, 2024

@4551SP @adventurousBranch3786 @AllAboutThePeace11 @amiablePeace77 @avistaco @CaringSub @CatHanderOutNoah @cloudySummer @communicativeJet616 @daydreammemories @EchoOrAsh @edabake @etherealize @FloraBelle @frankPark1546 @iloveyouxx @infiniteforever12 @InsightfulPhoenix @JarofSeeds627 @Jeffy5 @Kickan75 @kindRiver6 @Littlejoy11 @nessapressure05 @NotAllHere713 @onwardforevenmore @PeacefulBeach3454 @peacefulDovex @PopPunkPrincess17 @Rainboho @rebeccastgo @sky2Ocean20 @Snowy00 @tallZebra8032 @warmMemory6263 @yzzil @Zeraphim

Zeraphim March 27th

I'd like to see a discussion on maintaining boundaries and emotionally disconnecting from difficult people when moving away isn't an option.

I think the discussions you 3 host are often quite helpful. I don't have any feedback off the top of my head other than to keep up the good work. 😊

amiablePeace77 OP March 28th

@Zeraphim

Thank you for your feedback, noted.

onwardforevenmore March 27th

How about a discussion about the topic of Hope? I recently learned this about hope:

Hope has 3 parts: a clear goal, a conceptual path, and motivation maintained to reach it.

And hope has all sorts of benefits! It leads to engagement! And a feeling of accomplishment after reaching goals! It helps to form positive expectations for the future!

I never lose hope, I just would love to hear about others and this topic!

amiablePeace77 OP March 28th

@onwardforevenmore

Glad to hear that you always stay hopeful. Your topic is noted!

limeJar1591 June 10th

@amiablePeace77 Hello, I think discussing anxiety and fear would be valuable, particularly for individuals struggling with severe anxiety due to disorders that make mindfulness or grounding techniques difficult at times. Perhaps expanding this discussion to encompass intense emotions beyond anxiety could benefit a wider audience. 

amiablePeace77 OP June 11th

@limeJar1591

Thank you for your input. 

There will be a new discussion on Thursday, June 20, at 5 pm edt. in the mindfulness room. Topic Mindfulness for anxiety and panic.

limeJar1591 June 13th

@amiablePeace77 Thank you so much, I look forward to joining the discussion!

thank-you-thanks.gif

MindfulJourney22 June 13th

@amiablePeace77 Impact of bullying on  self esteemn/ self acceptance  and coping mechanisms

amiablePeace77 OP June 13th

@MindfulJourney22

Thanks! Great topic!

TJItalia June 25th

Break ups and how to support and not give advice

BlueDarkAurora June 26th

@amiablePeace77 I really appreciate the work that you guys are doing and all the efforts you put into it, thank you so much. The topics that you pick are already so insightful and gives a lot to reflect on. I would love to learn new ways of dealing with not so favorable things or people, something that helps us stay focused on our goals despite the circumstances. Kinda like staying calm in a storm :) 

amiablePeace77 OP Wednesday

@TJItalia @BlueDarkAurora

Thank you both for your input!