Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Having fun as a mindful practice

Clio9876 Sunday

The TED talk below reminded me that to have fun you have to be in the present and in a state of flow, both aspects of mindfulness.

https://youtu.be/iMBJrvEwv8s?si=1YMNK_pgLqd0IMhx

I don't know why, but I've associated mindfulness with low energy states like calm, relaxed and meditation. And sometimes these don't reflect my energy level.

So, I found it refreshing to be reminded that you can be mindful and energised.

And in fact, it reminded me that there's a theory that the purpose of play in children and young animals is to learn about emotional regulation - to get excited and learn to calm down in a safe context.

So now I'm inspired to think about how I can use play to achieve my emotional learning objectives. It certainly seems a fun way to go about it.

When did you last have fun?

How could I get more fun into my life?

And wishing you as much fun today as would make your day the best.

Tinywhisper11 Sunday

@Clio9876 I am the master at being childish😁 I find fun in the little things like art and crafts. But I also celebrate every holiday I can, even if I'm by myself I can still decorate make my own decorations, by myself fun gifts to play with or occupy me on the day. I find fun in taking quizes like which Disney character I'm most like😁 I love having a bit of fun on cups in the icebreaker/games section. Looking at funny clips, jokes, memes. Remember the meaning of life is happiness ❤ so embrace that in every way you can ❤

Clio9876 OP Sunday

You are an inspiration, @Tinywhisper11. Keep on being you! 👍

Tinywhisper11 3 days ago

@Clio9876 ❤❤