Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Do Expectations Bring Joy or Stress?

kindEyes9789 June 5th, 2023

Expectations can be a little tricky. They can be both good and not-so-good. It's nice to have hopes and dreams because they can motivate us and make us excited about the future. But sometimes, when we have too many expectations, we might feel disappointed if things don't turn out exactly as we imagined. So, it's important to find a balance. Let's keep dreaming and setting goals, but also remember to be flexible and open to surprises. That way, we can enjoy the journey and appreciate all the wonderful things that come our way, whether expected or not.

Let's connect more!๐Ÿ‘‹ How do you usually manage your expectations and stay mindful?

Gettingbettertoday June 5th, 2023

@kindEyes9789

I don't have hopes. New situations have unknown outcomes which causes anxiety. Mindfulness is impossible at these times as my higher mental functions shut down.

kindEyes9789 OP June 8th, 2023

@Gettingbettertoday Hi there! It's totally okay to feel anxious in new situations. Sometimes, we worry about what might happen because we don't know what to expect. Don't forget to be kind to yourself and know that it's okay to feel this way. You're not alone, and I'm also here to support you on your wellness journey. Good luck and may it gets easier along the way!๐Ÿ’™

MaggieListens00 June 9th, 2023

@kindEyes9789

I have always considered myself a realist (though maybe I am a pessimist) I try to gauge my expectations based on the past for example if I expect to do well at something I think back - have I previously? If the answer is yes this worry does not benefit me!