Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Breath like Wim Hof The Iceman

Shishi1997 August 28th

Hello everyone, how are you today?

This is my first post in 7Cup enjoy it.

**Introduction:**

The Wim Hof Method, developed by Dutch extreme athlete Wim Hof, combines breathing exercises, cold exposure, and commitment to enhance physical and mental well-being. Known as "The Iceman," Hof has demonstrated remarkable feats of endurance, attributing his success to this method.

**Methods:**

1. **Breathing Exercises:** The technique involves deep, rhythmic inhalations followed by relaxed exhalations, repeated for 30 breaths. On the 30th breath, exhale and hold your breath as long as possible, then inhale deeply and hold for 15 seconds¹.

2. **Cold Exposure:** Gradual exposure to cold, starting with cold showers and progressing to ice baths, helps build resilience and improve circulation².

3. **Commitment:** Consistent practice and mental focus are crucial for mastering the method and reaping its benefits².

**Conclusion:**

The Wim Hof Method aims to help individuals gain control over their body and mind, potentially leading to improved immunity, reduced stress, and enhanced overall health¹. While research is ongoing, many practitioners report significant positive changes in their lives.

This is YouTube link about how to do it :

https://youtu.be/nzCaZQqAs9I?si=3RJcaSNx8dYJHAs

Thanks for your attention

amiablePeace77 August 28th

@Shishi1997

Hi Shishi, thank you so much for making this helpful post! Breathing exercises can be very helpful to calm the mind and find balance. There are a number of different techniques, thanks again for sharing this one with us. Some people are not able to hold their breath for 15 seconds though, so for those I like to give another link to a breath awareness technique https://www.7cups.com/exercises/mindfulness517/.

I look forward to other posts from you here in future! 😊

Shishi1997 OP August 28th

Hi Ami, thank you for your full attention ☆☆thats a great suggestion ✓ I'll share it with some of my friends also. Im proud of your supportive manner ヅ

amiablePeace77 August 29th

@Shishi1997

You are very welcome 😀

islandgypsy August 29th

@Shishi1997 thank you. I need to calm down right now, so this is excellent knowledge 

Shishi1997 OP August 30th

Hello friend,yes also its funny. enjoy it .

ZeeshanZahir August 29th

@Shishi1997 ohkay