Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Hellos. I'm new here.

Kaizu572 May 22nd, 2023

When I first started questioning my gender, I thought I was genderfluid.

Turns out, I was right. I didn't realize it until like 6 months later tho. Before then, I was switching out my labels on a daily basis. It was very annoying and stressful.

So now I know that I'm genderfluid, but it turns out that it's not so simple. I identify as blurgender (the genders I'm fluid between blur together so I don't usually know what gender I am in the moment) and I'm also starting to collect xenogenders.

I did come out to my parents in April, but I didn't know they were transphobic. I had even tested the waters by asking their opinions about a transphobic tweet someone made and I thought it was safe to come out. Now they think that someone else is telling me to be this way, which is just ridiculous.

Why on Earth would I CHOOSE to be this complicated??? Figuring out who I am is a struggle enough, let alone keeping the likes of them happy. It's gonna take a lot more than scamming me out of my hope and ultimately letting me down just because of some petty beliefs that invalidate other's feelings to keep me from being myself. I'm gonna save up enough to move out of their lives forever. Iceland maybe. But for now I just have to get by. I have about 3 ish years left to wait.

SparklingSeashells May 28th, 2023

@Ash572

Hey there, and welcome to 7cups 🌻

I am pleased that you are doing so well and being so brave on your journey, discovering who you are and expressing who you are.

I can hear how much it hurts for your parents to be unsupportive of you. Just know that your feelings are valid, and we accept you here 💜