Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

A poem I've been working on...

ColbyJack3121 March 29th, 2023

Hey guys! I've been working on this poem, and I just wanted to share it and hope it speaks to some of you. I've never been much of a writer, but the idea for this just wouldn't seem to leave me. I hope you all enjoy! <3

That part of me that screams from within,

Who is caged but seeks freedom.

Lies impatiently therein,

For that day to come

When I, one shall be

With the imprisoned

And the free.

A creation of pride

Who doth cry out with joy.

Finally, in touch with the inside

No more reason to be coy.

When let go of every inhibition,

Then my essence will shout.

But, for now, silence poisons the soul,

Corrupting it from the inside out.

Holding you captive till life turns cold.

innateJoy9602 March 30th, 2023

@ColbyJack3121

You are a great writer!! The line “A creation of pride.” Is so good. Hope you continue to share your poems 💜

ColbyJack3121 OP March 31st, 2023

@innateJoy9602

Thank you! That really means a lot <3

Justmeforyou April 20th, 2023

@ColbyJack3121

I wanted to reach out to you and express my admiration for the beautiful poem you have written. I can sense the depth of emotion and thought that has gone into each line, and it is truly inspiring.

It takes a lot of courage to delve deep within oneself and to confront the parts that are caged but seek freedom. Your poem is a testament to your willingness to explore your innermost thoughts and emotions.

I love the way you have used words to express your desire for freedom and your hope for that day when you will be able to break free from the chains that bind you. It's clear that you have given much thought to what is important in life and what it means to be truly free.

I want to encourage you to keep writing and to keep exploring your inner world. Your words have the power to inspire others and to create positive change in the world. Don't ever doubt the value of your voice and your perspective.

Remember that your journey towards freedom is a process, and it takes time and patience. Don't be too hard on yourself, and don't give up hope. Keep moving forward, and one day, you will break free from those inhibitions that hold you captive.

Thank you for sharing your beautiful poem with us. I look forward to reading more of your work in the future.

JustMeForYou

ColbyJack3121 OP April 21st, 2023

@Justmeforyou

Wow! That really means so much. I have always struggled with expressing myself (especially with words), so really, truly thank you!