Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Internalized Homophobia

proactiveBunny8502 October 22nd, 2022

I am bisexual and non-binary. Growing up my family has always talked down on the lgbtq community. They are either very religious and strong republican views on genders and what not or just find the community as gross. This has made me very uncomfortable with myself. I feel a pressure to agree with them and hide my identity. It has gotten to the point where I don’t even talk to people within the community and I feel so ashamed of myself. I haven’t really come out to anyone explicitly, except my dad. And he has made rude comments to me before and been vocal about trans education for young people is wrong. I’m beginning to hate myself. Now when I talk to people who are disrespectful I just nod and smile and say I understand. I really want to be vocal because I know what it’s like to feel alone. I just don’t have any confidence in myself and now I’m growing my hair back out and trying to dress in a more conformist light. I’ve also been struggling with religion. I do believe in God, but I feel that I will never fit in within a church.

October 23rd, 2022

@proactiveBunny8502 Sorry sweetie. Sometimes Our family of origin turns out to be the last place we find love and support and we have to look elsewhere. Your not alone.

— All the best
Know1Knows March 24th, 2023

@helpfulAvocado7912

Im trans and my family is very transphobic etc. they make fun of the lgbtq+ community all the time and it’s the worst. One day when I plan to move out hopefully I won’t care what the say. Good luck on your journey and with your family!

Know1Knows March 24th, 2023

@Know1Knows

They are also very religious and although they love me, if I ever came out or they ended up finding out idk what I would do.

But I also ordered my first chest binder (to a friends house) :)

but it may not get here for a very long time :(