Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Bisexual

dancinggirl2 February 1st, 2022

Hi, I'm Ava and I know that I'm bisexual. The problem is my parents are very religious and we always go to church and they always say it's always boys and girls together and that's it. I feel broken and alone because I can't ever tell them who I truly am and I don't mean to feel like this, sorry.

KatePersephone February 1st, 2022

hi there! that sounds like a really awful thing to deal with :(

i'd like to let you know that i moved your thread to the Multisexual Umbrella Support subforum (text in blue is clickable!) as it was posted on the wrong subforum :)

pioneeringCat1459 February 1st, 2022

Hey! I’m so glad you figured out your sexuality, and I’m so sorry you feel like that about it.

my advice to you is, just tell your mum about it, that’s the best thing to do because there’s no other way around it. Or if you feel like it’s okay for you to just stick to one sexuality, of the opposite gender, since that’s what your mum prefers.

I hope you find a way to handle this and I hope if you tell your mum she’d embrace it and love you more!

~you’re not alone in this <3

Omph February 1st, 2022

Bless you, I hope you find peace, comfort, hope and solidarity. You aren’t alone, I wish you the best. I think that all parents should put the welfare of their child(ren) first than the hateful doctrine of their religion. Please take care of yourself, you deserve so much better :)

dancinggirl2 OP February 2nd, 2022

Thank you all so much, you are so nice and helpful.

fuzzyLemon March 23rd, 2022

@dancinggirl2

Just wanted to send you some squishes/hugs over the internet. It's always hard when who we are bumps up against something especially when it's with the people we love the most. Whenever you feel ready, talk to your family. They might surprise you, but I won't lie to you, they might not. Maybe try and find someone in your life who you can tell, a friend or other family member and they can support you in being yourself in the meantime.

Also you've got us lot here ❤

Fuzzy🍋

ambitiousPeach8888 June 7th, 2022

Hey! I know your situation bc I too am bisexual with a religious mom. In my case I have received the bad end of the ways coming out can go, but it does get better. If you decide to tell your parents it's totally up to you, because you don't have to if it's unsafe, but even my parents who I thought were too far gone came around in their own time a little bit. No matter what the reaction is, most adults can at least have a mature conversation about the subject. You don't have to start by coming out, not do you have to. But know that life gets way easier just know you are not broken, or alone. Encouraging words on the internet only go so far, but you will find people irl who can relate. More people are bi than you might think and know you're loved by any higher power because you have the capacity to love others, no matter who it is. I wish u luck:)