Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Struggling With Extreme Loneliness

compassionateSpruce8482 November 12th, 2020

So I've been feeling extremely lonely lately. I'm starting to believe that I'm going to have to learn to be alone for the rest of my life. I am 35 and I truly believe because of everything that has happened in the past two years are because of this. I'm not going into detail here since my story has been shared in other communities and it can be intense and a trigger warning to others but I will say is once people find the truth about me they leave me. I have nobody except homophobic family members whom I'm not even out to or feel like I can ever come out to. I feel abandoned by the lgbtq+ community. Yesterday I had to text a crisis hotline twice and I even sent to two different advice columinists how to learn to be alone (without family, community and a partner) and be okay with that. They haven't replied back. I unfollowed lesbian instagram couples as seeing people being happy just depresses me. I wish I didn't feel this way. People on those hotlines keep telling me to not give up or it will get better. I hate hearing those phrases, I'm 35 not a a 15 year old where their future will be better than mine.

CuckoosNest November 18th, 2020

@compassionateSpruce8482

Hey,

I'm probably a bit late but I just wanted to tell you that even though you feel lonely that doesn't mean you are alone. Unfortunately, I couldn't find your story so I don't exactly know what you're going through but it sounds like rejection/the fear of rejection has really affected your self-worth (understandably). The way the crisis hotline treated your situation was not the best and you are rightfully upset about them not getting back to you. I'm sure they wanted to make you feel better when they told you not to give up or it will get better but it may come across as "just get over it". Feeling like you and/or your feelings are not taken seriously can be very traumatic and not being in a supportive environment can make the whole thing even more difficult.

If you need someone to talk to, please feel free to message me. (I don't know if you can do it on 7Cups because I'm not a listener but I'm sure we can find another platform where we can keep our anonymity and talk about stuff in private.)

compassionateSpruce8482 OP November 19th, 2020

@CuckoosNest

Hello, Thanks for the message, unfortunately I am not able to message you and they don't allow users to post info such as email addresses or social media on here. So there is really no way to reach you and I'm not comfortable sharing other personal things in an open thread. Thank you anyway.

BlueBird505 November 19th, 2020

@compassionateSpruce8482

I've set up this listener account in case you want to reach out. I might not be able to respond immediately but I'll try my best to reply as soon as I can. :)

courteousBranch9532 November 24th, 2020

@compassionateSpruce8482 me 2 I'msooo lonely let's talk to each other

ApplefruitCrumble December 19th, 2020

@compassionateSpruce8482

Wow. This sounds identical to my life. Same age. Similar story. Not to make you feel any more down but I just wonder to myself often when will it ever end?!

creativeBeechwood9911 November 12th, 2020

I'm really sorry that you're going through that. I would like to tell you that you won't be along forever if you keep going. You mentioned that you didn't want to hear that but I'm sure that there are people out there for you. Go to as many social events as you can (virtually if you wish) and try and make friends. Talking to people will help you. And if social media is bring you down, then stay off of it.

And yes. You do have something to live for. You still have a future, even if it isn't clear.

Hope this helped.

intelligentWatermelon9887 November 12th, 2020

@compassionateSpruce8482 I can actually understand what you're going through. Im 23 and I know thats young but I feel the same way. I know its hard, especially when you see all those happy couples and it seems like they're rubbing all that happiness in your face. But you can have that too, I believe that maybe one day I could too. Try to keep your head up. If you ever want to talk, just shoot me a message.

compassionateSpruce8482 OP November 19th, 2020

@intelligentWatermelon9887

Thank you for your message. I'm going to repeat a little of what I posted to another user, I cannot send a message to you, or post my email or social media accounts, but I thank you again.

Dabbathebox November 19th, 2020

@compassionateSpruce8482
Hey there !
I am a Listener here as you can see and I have direct experience with loneliness...so yeah you can text me any time you feel lonely or have other issues.
And being a listener here obviously means that I don't judge anyone on any basis.
Hit me up with a personal message and see if I can help.

Thank you

Aisha4385 November 19th, 2020

@compassionateSpruce8482 I am sorry you feel this way. Today I feel lonely and abadoned (for my beliefs) too and reading this made me emotional.

We all need love and acceptance and to be ourselves. And do the things which normal people our age are doing. But the concept of normal is totally bonkers. Its totally not your fault that these things are happening with you.
Any one who doesnt accept you sucks. And its very very unfortunate that you keep going through it even if you dont deserve it. Its truly unfortunate that bad things happen to good people so often

I am here with you I want to hug you and let you know that I am here I feel your pain and you can feel safe <3

braveDrum7363 December 17th, 2020

@compassionateSpruce8482

Hey I can relate with you well can we have a private conversation

Greenapple2330 March 27th, 2021

I’m sorry to hear you are feeling that way, but you are not alone. I have tried hotlines too when I get alienated; esp now with this pandemic going on. It really sucks to call hotlines and then you get disconnected in the middle of your conversation or they just send you or refer you to another hotline. Just hang in there. No one dies from being alone.

charpercharlie March 29th, 2021

@compassionateSpruce8482

I know the feeling. I love women deeply and it's never reciprocated. I am 32 almost 33 and have never truly been in a relationship with a woman. And I'm miserable about it. I feel destined to be alone as well.

optimisticDay8079 March 29th, 2021

im really sorry you're going through that :(