Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Navigating a relationship

abigail456 April 6th, 2022

I have been dating my gf for almost a year and a half at this point and I feel like things have gone stagnant. Since we're both in college we have been roommates since our freshman year and what started as a friendship turned into a relationship with the first few months of school. Since we skipped moving in together, and hanging out everyday had become a substitution for going on special dates I feel like we went through dating really really fast. I'm content and want to spend the rest of my life with her, but I worry that since we went from 0 to 100 so quickly in the being of our relationship, there's this awkward period of time where nothing new is happening and there's no development within the relationship. Whiles it's okay with me, I worry that my gf will be bored and lose interest. Any suggestions?

ShyNCalm April 6th, 2022

I’ve had the exact same fear. But I also started to realize that if my gf truly loves me she won’t be bored with me. Especially because I could equally expect her to entertain me but that’s not what a relationship is built on to be solid and lasting.

I suggest going out and doing activities together to stay lively. It doesn’t have to be anything expensive. You will be surprised how many free concerts, events and sports one can discover together. A suggestion would be to try something you both are perhaps unfamiliar with: scuba diving, climbing, photography course, windsurfing, dance etc.

Hope this helps.