@sunnyKiwi1982

Yes it is.

sunnyKiwi1982 OP May 4th, 2023

It is hard for them to accept.

Barltik2065 May 4th, 2023

@sunnyKiwi1982

For me, it is was hard for me to accept who I am

sunnyKiwi1982 OP May 5th, 2023

I guess that happens when you also care for what others will say because of the people you love. You want to protect them, you want to be open as well but you can’t or you’re cautious.

Barltik2065 May 5th, 2023

@sunnyKiwi1982

Exactly.
For me it was my mother. Mom's approval was my downfall.

sunnyKiwi1982 OP May 6th, 2023

@Barltik2065

Aww. I feel you. My mom can understand but still she prefers that I end up with the opposite. My dad, hmmn.. not sure..

The feeling that you want to be proud of who you are because for the longest time you’re in a hiding. You want to be accepted and not just by everyone but especially those who meant a lot to you. Like your family and relatives.

You still consider what their friends will say and think, their co-workers, their friends in the community, in the church. Then you also consider the people you know from school, work, church etc who never knew.

All these crushes you inside, your heart and mind are very much in pain.

SkylerSugar3915 May 5th, 2023

@sunnyKiwi1982

it really is it took me forever to come out.

Barltik2065 May 5th, 2023

@SkylerSugar3915

Agreed.
I truly have not come out.
Never officially stated it to any of my family.
At work no one knows.

So I don't think I came out ... right?

@Barltik2065

That hurts. I am sorry. That makes me sad. 🥺😔

Barltik2065 May 6th, 2023

No worries. Thank you for the compassion. It is felt and appreciated.

sunnyKiwi1982 OP May 7th, 2023

@Barltik2065

I do hope that someday you will be able to feel free. You are indeed very brave and strong to hold it up this long. I wish for you to be blessed with such happiness and also success. Being unable to speak your mind and heart makes a person sad and lonely.

You’re very much welcome.

Barltik2065 May 8th, 2023

@sunnyKiwi1982

You are kind and generous. Please keep it up. We need people as such in this world.

I have a spouse that loves me for me and all my quirks and strangeness and ***.

I have a dog who reminds me that I am loved and here for his needs "Feed me daddy" LOL.

I have a home that is safe with neighbors that respect boundaries.

I am far, by far the best off I have ever been.
if you were to have asked me 22 years ago, you would have gotten a different answer

sunnyKiwi1982 OP May 8th, 2023

@Barltik2065

Blessed indeed!! Hoping you continue to prosper in every aspect in your life. You are very lucky to have such a loving spouse and a dog that appreciates you. ❤️

You are surrounded with people who value you as a person.

Thank you for your kind words. It means a lot to me. 🥺😢

@SkylerSugar3915

Same here. I am already old and I have just started to come out. But not nearly out. Still letting my parents know about who I am, slowly. When they’re used to it, maybe I can go bigger. Little steps. Omg. I think I’ll reach 70 when I am finally out myself. 🤣🤣🤣

MindonFire6 May 8th, 2023

@sunnyKiwi1982

i haven’t come out yet, but I don’t think I rly wanna be just a girl anymore. But I know my parents won’t approve so I can never tell them. 😞

sunnyKiwi1982 OP May 8th, 2023

@MindonFire6

Letting them know your preference is not really easy. It won’t be easy to absorb. 🥺