Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I need help. I fear persecution...

limeCar9479 May 11th, 2022

Hi,

I'm bisexual. I've always had problems living with it in my country because people are homophobic and religious.

I left university because some people had seen me holding my boyfriend's hand that's when they discovered I wasn't straight. I got attacked after that (someone hit me with a stone) and I felt threatened. They also might have taken photos of me and that makes me more afraid because The cops can come in anytime and get me (Jail me and torture me, they have no empathy, especially for LGBTQ people)

Now I have no life here.. my family has the same mentality as the society and I've lied to them about staying home so they won't react and hurt me.

I barely get out of my house since then. Tried to suici** many times. Now I managed to get some money and I am thinking about asking for asylum in the US. that's the only thing that would save the rest of my life.

I'm not sure If I will be able to take a VISA, but I will try my best.

the problem is even If I reach the US I won't have enough money to eat or settle and wait for my asylum trial.

I decided to give 7 cups a try. Anyone from the US could offer me some help to get through this? Any ideas?

Optimisticempath May 18th, 2022

@limeCar9479

It is so upsetting some people value everything irrelevant over someone's life ☹

Please don't let them make you any harsh decisions for yourself

This is your life and you get to live it how you want

Please hang in there and do what you can to give yourself a better life

7 cups is here for you ❤

Nikklas May 30th, 2022

https://www.rainbowmigration.org.uk/other-organisations-who-can-help-lgbtqi-people-seeking-asylum/

I did a quick Google search, "groups that help lgbtq get asylum." And this was the first link.

I have no first hand information about them or how they operate, but I would check them out immediately.

While you are here at 7cups you have my support. I'm so saddened to hear about your situation. Getting attacked, force to quit school out of fear of safety, and constantly living I'm fear of state persecution. That sounds like a terrible lived experience.

I hope these resources I've mentioned help get you to safety. You are loved by this community and you are not alone!