Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Homophobic Family Problems

DontForgetTheSunLove April 16th, 2021

My uncle threatened to burn a rainbow flag if he sees one, I couldn't stand up for the lgbt because I'm still closeted.

I saw a female just beginning her transition, and my coworkers we're making fun of her. I couldn't stand up for her because I'm closeted and they're homophobic.

I don't know why I'm even posting this, I feel aweful about not standing up...

So, I know I'll never get the chance to apologize to her in person, but maybe one day she'll see this. I'm sorry.

I just don't know what to do, I feel like I'm drowning under lies. I insulted gays just to stay closeted. There's no excuse, but I don't know what else to do.

Sorry everyone. 😔 If there's anything you can suggest, please do.

akiithewriter April 16th, 2021

@DontForgetTheSunLove

I understand being closeted and not being able to come out, I'm in a similar boat. And maybe you don't want my advice, but I think that you should stop making homophobic jokes for the approval of these people, instead tell them you're an ally (since you want to stay closeted for now) of the LGBTQ+ community and if they make fun of you for it, tell them to screw off and point out their specific flaws to make them feel bad. I know it's mean, but honestly, from the sounds of it they deserve it. And then if you can, try to apologize to the girl, and explain your situation to her. Those are just my thoughts and what I would do, so do with that what you'd like. ^^

DontForgetTheSunLove OP April 16th, 2021

@akiithewriter

Okay, thank you for your advice.

moquila April 17th, 2021

Lgbt people get flogged publicly in my country when they're ousted. The audience cheers loudly as if it's some kind of entertainment. It's mighty awful I tell you. My point is, I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. Thankfully I've managed to decline any invitation to witness it so far. Don't know how long I can hold out without someone accusing me of heresy.

DontForgetTheSunLove OP April 17th, 2021

@moquila

I'm so sorry about these aweful things. I wish we could all be accepted for who we are.

Im glad to know I'm not alone out here, thank you for sharing with me.

I wish you luck.

optimisticDay8079 April 21st, 2021

im so sorry you had to go through this :(