Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

gender identity / sexuality with DID

tohealthemoon May 16th

whoopeee

yeah i may make my personality disorder a big part of my online personality [go figure HAHAH], but eh, the autism + psychology interest be kicking in and it's cool to talk about less wellknown things i have firsthand experience with

so hERE WE GO

starting off with gender, the body is afab, but its identity is *** if i know.

our first host was a-okay with being a girl and is the one identified with this body the most, but she's been dormant for YEARS and after that, it's been all over the place. a majority of our alters identify somewhere on the masc or neutral spectrum, but there are still quite a few fem-alligned alters as well. generally, we've just kinda labelled ourself as genderqueer, since it's a really broad term and there's no specifications on what can / can't apply, just as long as it isn't exclusively man or woman.

dysphoria can also vary depending on who's in front. i sometimes get minor top / bottom dysphoria, but others in the system feel one or the other a *** of a lot harder, and some just don't experience it at all.

as for pronouns, we stick with they / them and basic neopronouns, since everyone is at least okay with those, and whoever's in front can just say their personal preferences whenever it's relevant to an interaction.

we have a few designated collective names as well. kaoru, eurus, and dante. preference between the three can fluctuate and most of us have a distinct alter name as well, but having those makes things easier when introducing ourself to new people or if front gets too blurry to figure out who it is.

TL;DR, short-ish answer is that it can be very complex and difficult to pinpoint a single label that encompasses every alter's relationship with their gender identity -- so we mostly just on figure out how we want to be previeved by others, instead

now for sexuality. This one's really simple for us because it doesn't tie in to our personal category of "baseline information needed for more than one interaction" -- which consists of name, pronouns, and occasionally gender identity. of course we've thought about it, but with how vast our attraction differs from alter to alter compared to our gender [we got people who are bi, pan, straight, sapphic, achillean, aroace, etc], there's no way for us to reliably label it all under any one term, so we don't. unlabelled is the best label to choose for this one

Heather225 May 22nd

@tohealthemoon

hi, i am giving this a bump for you! you might also consider posting in the DID section of this community: https://www.7cups.com/forum/trauma/DissociationRelatedDisorders_2335/

i hope you get plenty of help in your journey!