Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Pride Playlist: Share Your Favorite Songs! 🎶

CheeryMango June 6th
Hey everyone!

As we celebrate Pride Month, let's come together to create a special Pride Playlist that we can all enjoy and share! Music is a powerful way to express our identities, emotions, and stories, and a shared playlist is a wonderful way to unite us through the magic of song.

How to Participate:
1. Share Your Favorite Song: Comment below with your favorite song that embodies the spirit of Pride for you. It could be a song that uplifts you, inspires you, or simply makes you feel proud of who you are.
2. Tell Us Why: Along with your song choice, let us know why this song is special to you. What does it mean to you? How does it make you feel?

We'll compile all your suggestions into a community Pride Playlist that will be accessible for everyone to listen to and enjoy throughout Pride Month and beyond.
CheeryMango OP June 6th

Born This Way by Lady Gaga.  It reminds me that we are all perfect just the way we are, and it's a powerful reminder to embrace our true selves with pride.

Aayla June 6th

"Strange" by LP. A great song from a queer artist, it's about the sense of community that can be built between the ones who are considered outcasts.

Also, "What's up?" by 4 Non Blondes. It was featured in Sense8, a TV series that shows you all there is to know about love, and queer love (as well as queer self-love) is heavily featured.

akunknown June 6th

@Aayla: I remember that show. Loved it. I still rewatch it whenever I get a chance to. 

fluffyMutini June 6th

"We R Who We R" by Kesha!!!1

It's very upbeat & catchy & she made to inspire ppl to be themselves :)

Excerpt from wikipedia:

In the wake of news that bullying and harassment had led to multiple suicides of gay youth, Kesha wrote the song in hopes that it would become a pride anthem. The song is intended to inspire people to be themselves, and as a celebration of anyone deemed quirky or eccentric.

akunknown June 6th
Oh my lol! I have so many songs that I listen to that they’re all my favorites otherwise I wouldn’t listen to them as much. Can’t name them all as it’d be too much. But I’ll name a couple because I can’t just single out one song as a favorite. 

PS: I hope I’m not breaking any rules by doing this and as a result my comment is deleted or something worse happens to me. 

1. Twisted Sister - I Wanna Rock

I Wanna Rock is simply a fun song to listen to. If you’re stressed out, down, feeling low, etc, listen to this and it’ll uplift you as it does me. At least I hope so. This song is special to me because of its uplifting vibes. It means that my stress is reduced or gone. It makes me feel happy. 

2. Social Distortion - Reach For The Sky

Reach For The Sky is special because of the lyrics especially the chorus. To me it means never give up/believe in yourself and your skills/talents/abilities and that you’re capable of doing anything you want to as long as you put yourself into it seriously enough to accomplish whatever you want and to leave the past in the past, focus on the present and don’t wait for anything because the future isn’t guaranteed so whatever you can do now, do it now. Whenever I listen to this song I feel like accomplishing I want and make all my dreams a reality right now. 

3. Pennywise - Let Us Hear Your Voice 

4. Any/all songs by Rage Against The Machine but most especially No Shelter

5. Twisted Sister - We’re Not Gonna Take It

3-5 is special to me because of what it does for me which is motivate me to make a difference whenever and wherever I can. To me these songs mean that I’m not alone in feeling this way as many others will listen/have listened to these songs and might’ve been motivated, influenced or inspired to make differences too. These songs make me feel so good. They really inspire me to make positive changes in our society. It’s the lyrics of these songs that do all this for me. 
Blaire3 June 7th

Hello all!

I absolutely love music and feel it’s a form of art that can express so much. I’m always listening to music and music from different genres but I have a passion for “heavier” music like metal. I guess it’s not a favorite song by any means (not even my favorite by the band tbh) but I chose it because I feel like it’s a song that resonates with my sexuality & gender identity and how that is expressed and limited by my societal situation. It’s a song that is representative of “PRIDE” to me. Anyways…

1) “Voices” by Motionless in White

2) The song makes me feel more free to be me and also makes me feel that my struggle and the struggle of others in situations like mine seen and heard, within not only the community for the band, but also in parts of the metal community at large. That’s at least the broader context of it, which is probably just as important as the emotion and themes of defiance to conformity (and pretending to be someone you’re not) that are outlined within the song. It’s also just the song I thought of in the moment and it’s attached to some positive (and very gay) memories so yeah…

Thanks for reading if you took the time too, and I get if the music isn’t everyone’s taste as music is so subjective. I hope everyone stays as happy and healthy as they can be out there!

RUMBUM June 7th

@CheeryMango i love the village by warble because as a trans man it is good about talking about what it’s like being trans in this world. ik it’s basic but i love it.

CreativeKombucha June 9th

@CheeryMango

Any of Elton John's music 

VictoriaLove7 June 10th

@CheeryMango

Whatayawant by Adam Lambert ♪(๑ᴖ◡ᴖ๑)

(Lambert is a part of lgbt & the song tune & the clip is awesome ◝(ᵔᵕᵔ)◜ )