Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I can't talk because of voice dysphoria

Hello I'm ftm and I suffer insanely of voice dysphoria which makes me avoid to talk to people almost completely. I need help because my current situation is that I met someone online a few months ago and she knows I'm trans and that I feel really uncomfortable with using my voice. But we are in a relationship since 3 months and i showed her my voice like 3 times in a short voice message but I need to talk more often with her and i want to sooo bad but I notice that everytime i was about making the voice messages I got nervous like crazy, overthinked how I sound , was focused on trying to pass and i couldn't speak with Joy. I want this to end pls pls pls I wanna be normal i don't know what to do.

Or do i have to wait until I'm on hormones which is a reallyyyyyy long time ? Is that the only solution? Thank you for reading I'd appreciate some comments!

Aayla August 14th
@communicativeApple9560 I'm sorry about this, I see how frustrating it can be. If you can't start hormonal therapy right now, maybe you can discuss this with a speech therapist?
Of course your girlfriend loves you for who you are and your voice is not gonna change that, but maybe you need more time to get comfortable sharing this part of you with her and speaking a little longer each time, taking small steps, until you can change your voice.