Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Advice and support request for coping with lack of friends or any solutions?

XantiPrism January 2nd

Hello people! I'm new here , Nice to meet you all :) i'm glad to be a part of this community

due to my circumstances (place i am in) It's challenging to find friends who would accept me for whom i am, being a trans person and much more about me, -if known- could pose risk to me, for more context : where i am HRT is banned , gender expression as my gender can get one arrested or worse, and it's hard living authentically in a lot of ways as there are more chances a person would cause me trouble if they know me well compared to turning out accepting , I believe it's the way it's (where i live).

Being genuine and honest is an underpinning to relationships i value and i have felt aliented and had low satisfaction in relations (partially due to social anhedonia perhaps or numbness) . also

Gender segregation is common place and the norm here which means I have very little ways having any friends of my gender (only AGAB is allowed) ,i would have almost any friends possible if it was not risky being genuine - no matter what views they hold - as i am accepting ,but can't find someone who tolerate me likewise.

And don't worry I am doing well :) but I have a strong longing for social connections

XantiPrism OP January 3rd

I forgot to mention i still live in middle east, specifically in saudi and it's tough here