Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Letter of support

VivianTheBoy November 2nd, 2022

I tried making an appointment today for gender affirming care, but they asked for a letter of support from a mental healthcare provider.

I tried searching the term, but I didn't find any results the way I'd find results "medical marijuana card near me". I thought maybe I can go to 7 cups to at least start. I don't know how to ask if they offer letters of support, and I don't want to pay the $38 minimum subscription fee to ask.

Do any of you know about this? Is it a thing I can just find a doctor and get at in "same day"? Will I need to be an ongoing patient?

I guess I'm extra anxious because I already made my election during open enrollment. I maxed out my contributions. I convinced myself that I'm ready and want to do this (after years). If all this falls thru, it's going to be a financial loss (unless I experience a qualifying life changing experience and I'll be able to make changes).

I don't want to be sober anymore.

EmotionsListener November 4th, 2022

@VivianTheBoy

Unfortunately I'm not entirely sure what getting such a letter of support would entail, and know that there are so many hoops to jump through when seeking gender affirming care. Though from what I understand the letter basically confirms that yes you need gender affirming care.

Do you have a regular mental health care provider who would be able to write such a letter?

I really hope you've been able to get what you need to get the care you are seeking. Sorry I can't be of more help.