Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

In love with a straight friend

SugatoM June 1st, 2020

Deeply in love with with a friend who is straight, it's been very difficult emotionally for the past 1 year. The thought of confrontation is scary as hell. I cannot bear to loose him as a friend

rationalFig3732 August 1st, 2020

@SugatoM My friend told me she was on love with me. I thought I was straight too, but somewhere along the way with her pursuit of me I became very attracted to her and wanted to pursue those feelings. So, I have no idea if that makes me straight or bi or what,but I was very physical attracted to her. She has since started dating a guy and every time she tells me she's going to see him, I feel like my heart is breaking. I told her I was straight many times because I wasn't comfortable with my feelings. I eventually told her I was attracted to her too, but it was too late. She gave up on me. I don't know if I was attracted to her because she was a woman or if it was because of our emotional connection. Regardless, it's left me heartbroken and a mess.

SugatoM OP August 18th, 2020

@rationalFig3732 I can imagine the heartbreak is very real and it's painful but you will get over it and you will find someone :-)

SnailPurple June 1st, 2020

Hello @SugatoM

Being in love with a straight person is definitely hard <3 I hope everything works out for you <3

SugatoM OP July 27th, 2020

@SnailPurple I am trying I hope ill be able to control my feelings,I have been getting a lot of support here 💗

cyanPlane9684 August 18th, 2020

@SugatoM See , I'm a straight man , it would be really good if the man you love is gay or bisexual but if he's straight , he'll unfortunately reject you . If a man loves me , I couldn't love him back but the best thing I could provide to him is friendship and I would hang out with him , but I couldn't kiss , etc . Hope everything works out for you very well :)

SugatoM OP August 18th, 2020

@cyanPlane9684 thank you and that's what I value you know a good friendship, :-) thank you for saying that :-) thank you

Sweetpea76 December 16th, 2020

@SugatoM This is so familiar to me! I fell in love with a straight friend in college. It was a very difficult time. I went through a lot of anxiety and depression over the situation. When I came out to her as bi and told her I had fallen in love with her in a letter (it was summer break), we talked a few months later (she wasn't ready at first), and she said she was 99% sure she was straight. Oh, how I longed for that 1%! She was supportive, but it was hard. We were roommates by that time. We had two other roommates, so we didn't just have to sit and stare at each other. So I really empathise.

persistentLychee1892 December 23rd, 2020

@SugatoM

persistentLychee1892 December 23rd, 2020

@SugatoM i think im in love with my very straight also homophobic best friend haha

ShadesBluer December 30th, 2020

It's a special kind of misery to be in love with someone you can't have. I've been stuck loving my best friend for the last 2 years wondering when it will end.

limegreenShip4035 February 9th, 2021

@SugatoM I am in the same situation and need help. Kindly guide me through.