Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Trying To Figure Things Out

anxietygirl01 June 15th, 2021

Hey Everyone, My name is Liz. I am from a Christian background, and I do hold my religion important to me. That being said, I have been educated my whole life to save myself for marriage. I never was bothered by this because I didn't think that people naturally wanted to have sex. Then, during my Junior year of high school, one of my best friends was telling me about her sexual attraction towards a guy. I thought this must be a rare feeling until I heard my other friends starting to sexualize the people they were interested in. I was so confused. Since when do people actually think this way like they do in the movies? Then, I thought something must be wrong with me. However, I can't be asexual because I've had crushes on guys before. Then, I became more educated on what asexuality actually is, and I felt like I finally found something that makes sense to how I feel. I'm still discovering who I am, but I do believe I am somewhere on the asexual spectrum. Thank you so much for creating this forum!

bugstiklol June 15th, 2021

Thats so good! So happy that you feel comfortable with being in the ace spectrum, welcome to the family!!

anxietygirl01 OP June 22nd, 2021

Thank you so much! I love seeing all of the love and care that are from this thread! 🥰