Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Therapy question

bubbleLemon2832 October 30th, 2023

Should I tell my therapist that I’m asexual? I told my family and they are super supportive of it. But outside of my family like friends or in therapy I don’t know what to do because I feel like they won’t support me or understand why I’m this way. 

Tinywhisper11 October 30th, 2023

@bubbleLemon2832 you are who you are. Don't be afraid to be yourself. If people don't understand, well that's their issue not yours. Don't ever hide the real you over fear of acceptance ❤ you are you and you are beautiful ❤

EmotionsListener October 30th, 2023

@bubbleLemon2832

While you may want to find an LGBTQ+ affirming therapist, you may also choose to simply be prepared to communicate clearly what being asexual means for you to your therapist.

Unfortunately many people think of asexuality as something to fix, and you wouldn't want that from your therapist, so I would just be prepared to provide them with information and clarity if they are among the many who are confused about what asexuality is and means.

So if you were to have your ideal outcome, what would that be? How might you help make that a reality?

Ultimately I hope that whatever you choose to do it goes well and you are able to get the same accepting and supportive response from all those you care about.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜