Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Relationships..

Toffo September 26th, 2023

I am in relationship with someone and..

Idk

I like them, I really do, we went in a date saturday and we had a good time, and we are going out again

But.. he’s also talked about sex in the relationship and that’s not something i wabt like in anyway

i don’t want to just do it to keep a relationship but i don’t want to lose them, i’m stuck in the uncomfy position of I have to kind of

its like.. ughhh

i hate being ace

generousBeing7908 September 26th, 2023

That stinks! It’s awful when you really like somebody but it turns out something big mismatches. In the long run though (which i’m sure doesn’t help your feelings in the moment!), I’ve found that it’s better to listen to yourself on these things. You can find somebody who supports you as ace, and you aren’t alone.

@Toffo  

First off, I'm sorry to hear you are feeling frustrated. Being asexual doesn’t mean you can’t have a fulfilling relationship, but navigating sexual expectations can be tricky. I think it is important to let your partner know how you feel. It might be a difficult conversation to have, but it’s better to be upfront about your feelings than to try and force yourself to do something you’re not comfortable with. If this person truly cares about you, they will respect your boundaries and work with you to find a way to have a fulfilling relationship that works for both of you. Remember, you deserve to be with someone who accepts and loves you for who you are.

I hope everything goes well 🫶🫶