Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Am I ace? Something else?

Ani2354 May 10th, 2021

Hi I was wondering if I could get some help with my sexuality and whether or not I’m on the ace spectrum. For me personally, it’s hard to put a label on myself because I don’t know if it will change, and I’d feel ‘guilty’ almost if I get it wrong. I’m just really confused to be honest. I’ve been identifying as asexual for about a year. Before then I just kind of considered myself straight, though there was one girl I did have a crush on for quite a while. Anyway, that’s not really the point. Before I decided I was ace, I hadn’t exactly realized that (while I loved the idea of romance) sex was not something I thought about or was interested in. Recently though, I’ve gotten into a relationship with this guy, and I definitely get turned on by him... not something I’ve really experienced much of before. I still don’t want sex or anything to do with genitalia, but most else I think I’d be ok with. I guess my question is: can asexuals get turned on, is it ok to enjoy the feeling, and would I still be considered ace if yes to those two questions?

KatePersephone May 12th, 2021

@Ani2354 yes, ace people still get turned on! some might even actually have sex. being ace doesn't necessarily mean that you cannot have sex or do something sexually. everyone is different and experience themselves differently :) i am sure the internet can help you even more in this!