Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

PL 101: Introduce Yourself! (Discussion 1)

GlenM June 29th, 2020

Welcome to our first course in the Leadership Development Program! I am very excited to get this going. This has been something we've wanted to do for the last several months and at long last it is here. Please find the course description below. Please also introduce yourself and let us (if comfortable) where you are from and a recent book or movie you have enjoyed. I'll get us started!

Course Description: You have personal gifts and strengths that can help you in life and also help other people. Identifying, amplifying, and deliberately building those strengths enables you to have a better personal life, professional life, and also enables you to more effectively serve others in our community. People sometimes make the mistake of focusing too much on their weaknesses. This can help, but deliberately building your strengths will get you much further in life and in your career. This course provides links to personality testing (MBTI, Big 5) where you can learn to identify your personality style and strengths. It helps you understand how to match your strengths to roles in the 7 Cups community and enables you to find a career path that will be fulfilling. Join other new leaders in individual and group learning exercises.

Please note: In order to successfully complete the LDP, you must respond to all discussion posts. Your comment/response should answer the questions/shows that you completed the given activity (if any). Read the post carefully and follow the instructions given. Save your responses to a document that you can later refer to. You will need to copy/paste your response in the course evaluation form at the end of each course to show that you have done the work and to refresh your memory.

After fulfilling the requirements of this post, please check out the next post here! You must take part in the brainstorming/activities given in all of these posts to successfully complete the program.

This post is brought to you by the Leadership Development Program Team, find out more information about the program here.

dancingLake682 February 22nd, 2022

Hi I'm Jess from Colorado and The AfterGrief

RainbowRosie February 23rd, 2022

Hiya everyone!

I’m Rosie nice to meet you all. I love roses, animals (especially dogs) and volunteering here in 7 Cups.

NoelleListens February 24th, 2022

@GlenM

Hello Everyone!! I’m NoelleListens. I enjoy being on this platform and listening to all kinds of people. I enjoy watching cooking shows like MasterChef, Hell’s Kitchen, etc.

KBeauty12 March 17th, 2022

@NoelleListens

I see that you watch a lot of cooking shows. I bet you cook most of the times..

AuroraBriarRose0 April 26th, 2022

@NoelleListens

Hi NoelleListens, I love cooking shows too, I've been watching is it cake? as of recent, what have you been binging?

glowingSoul93 February 26th, 2022

Hi @GlenM

My name is Jessica or glowingSoul93 I'm from Texas, USA. I'm an avid so I'm always reading books. I'm not really much of a movie person but I'm excited to get started with the leadership track here with 7Cups!!

magicmango26 March 15th, 2022

@GlenM

hello everyone! I am currently completing my second masters degree and live in the ohio area. when I am not baking cupcakes, I enjoy reading! some of my favorite books: the help, the 7 1/2 lives of evelyn hardcastle, and the secret life of bees :)

@magicmango26

Woww, completing a second masters, that is excellent. I am also thinking of doing another Master's but I am not sure in what, lol.

You love to read, that's very good. I try to set reading goals, and cannot seem to complete them. This I have to work on.

@magicmango26

Hi Magicmango26, I'm from Michigan, not too far away and I love baking too. I have heard of one of those tittles, I'll have to add them to my reading list. Thank you.

@GlenM

I am from the Caribbean. I do not have a favorite movie, but my genres are action, drama, thriller and romance. I am 'working' on my reading, well trying, lol, to at least read one book a month. I like to do things that are relaxing, like nature walks, beach, sometimes resting, watching TV, watering my plants and listening to music.

@KBeauty12

That's awesome Kbeauty12, I love movies too so it's hard to pick a favorite. What have you seen recently?

Zarram77 March 22nd, 2022

@GlenM

Hi Glen! It's nice to be a part of this program. I am Zarram. I am from Pakistan. I recently completed my MSc in Applied Psychology (16 yrs edu). I have recently read "The Exorcist" and it's an amazing novel indeed.

ASilentBunny March 23rd, 2022

Hello everyone! I am ASilentBunny and I would love to interact with you! I am so happy to be part of this program!

Shadowmoonmoon March 28th, 2022

@GlenM @GlenM

Hi! My name is shadowmoonoon!! :) I live in Qatar as an expat and currently reading The Courage to Be Disliked, a really good book on Adlerian Psychology.

TheRusticMystic74 March 29th, 2022

@GlenM

I am from India, Pursuing my PsyD, I love whole Die hard series, can watch it again and again along with that I love NCIS which I am still watching since the last 10 years!! I am color blind apart from black i love red atleast i can make out red :D

Dan76 April 1st, 2022

Hey! Sorry for being a little late here 😅

My name is Dan I'm 26. Tbh, I don't really read or watch moves at all lol. ADHD makes that really difficult. But, I have been playing a lot of Mario Kart lately, so that's something new at least.

Elise849 April 23rd, 2022

@GlenM

Hello, my name is Elise. I'm from Malaysia. One of the movies I enjoyed recently was Dune by Denis Villenueve. It's a great piece of art and a proper visual feast. Hope to complete this course successfully!

MrS7v7n April 23rd, 2022

@GlenM

Good morning everyone, My name is 7. I'm from the states, more specifically Nevada. A recent book that I've read recently and enjoyed (Still not finished) was, "Long Range Shooting Handbook" by Ryan M. Cleckner, a former ranger.

GoldenNest2727 April 23rd, 2022

Hi, I'm GoldenNest from the United States. The last good book that I read was Business Adventures by John Brooks.

MelodyoftheOcean May 14th, 2022

@GoldenNest2727

Heyaa Golden, the book sounds really interesting, would you recommend it? ^^

And it's really nice to meet you!

Train1 April 24th, 2022

@GlenM

Hi all.

This is Train. I'm so excited to start this course and learn something new.

Nice to meet you all.

@Train1

It's very nice to meet you Train! 💜

victoriousVoice21 April 24th, 2022

@GlenM hiii I'm Nour I'm from tunisia and I loove reading books !

@GlenM

Hi,

I'm AuroraBriarRose0 and I'm from the united states in the Midwest. I have recently started reading The Body Keeps the Score by Bessel Van Der Kolk, M. D. and before that I finished Ikigai by Francesc Miralles and Hector Garcia. I highly enjoyed Ikigai for it's statistics and scientific research into longevity and happiness and so far I like the body keeps the score for it's look into traumatic research and helpful advice. I'm really excited to be here.

blissfulJoy19 April 29th, 2022

@GlenM

Hi Glen, I am Joy from Pakistan. I am doing my bachelors in Psychology. So, reading books and watching movies that give me details and information about people and help me understand their behaviors is a favorite hobby of mine. The recent book that I finished was "Forty Rules of Love" by Elif Shafak. It was an interesting novel, learned so much from it. I don't remember the last movie that I watched because it's been too long since I had a busy schedule.

FrenchMarbles May 4th, 2022

@GlenM

Please also introduce yourself and let us (if comfortable) where you are from and a recent book or movie you have enjoyed.

Hi Glen!

My name is FrenchMarbles, I'm a Quality Mentor [Listener Coach Track] & Anonymous Evaluator, being here since 2014 has definitely seen me through the ups and downs of the website, all the way back to when 7 Cups used to be called www.7cupsoftea.com

@FrenchMarbles

Heya Marbles, amazing to see you here! And yes, I have definitely seen you around and I imagine it must have been a rollercoastery journey if you have been here for so long already. I really admire that 💜

@GlenM

Hey everyone, I am Ocean!

I am from Germany, well originally from Switzerland but I move between those countries a lot.

I recently got very interested in a lot of psychological experiments, so I read books like the milgram experiment, and books that cover a lot of the experiments that we still base our theories on today. I really enjoyed that!

And a movie, hm, I really liked Tick Tick Boom and it is so amazing that it came out as a movie now!

Everyone reading this: You are amazing, just by being on Cups, being interested in learning more, helping out members and listeners, always trying to improve and to be your best self. You are doing awesome, but don't be too hard on yourself, you are doing a lot already ❤️

May 22nd, 2022

@MelodyoftheOcean

good luck with ldp

I find who ever does program specail to take a extra step to become a better leader.

I saw a film. Called girl interrupted based on a real person life I. Mental hospital. It was very good.

MelodyoftheOcean May 23rd, 2022

@Goalsforlife

Thank you, I wish you the best of luck as well! ❤️

Harsvin May 15th, 2022

@GlenM

Hi everyone I'm Harsvin from Malaysia.

I joined this site back in year 2015, I started off as a listener and I have learned so much throughout my years spent on 7cups, I have improved my listening skills and even gained experience on leadership roles as a Quality Mentor/Listener Coach. I'm looking forward to learn and grow more through this program and gearing up to implement it on my mentoring roles.

A bit about me.. I'm an introvert who loves spending time writing poetry and sketching, I find it liberating to express myself in the form of my artwork, and it also makes me happy! Apart from that, I have a keen interest on helping people by providing emotional support as I believe by spreading kindness and compassion, would make the world such a better place!

I appreciate everyone's contribution in this wonderful community and looking for to grow each and every day ❤

Harsvin May 15th, 2022

@GlenM

I don't remember watching any movies recently as it's been a very long time. I enjoyed reading Are You Afraid Of The Dark by Sidney Seldon

May 22nd, 2022

@Harsvin

good luck with Ldp. I never heard of that film. My last night was psychology related.

Glencia89 May 16th, 2022

@GlenM

I'm Glencia! I'm from China and is currently in high school. The last movie I watched is Promare. It was an anime movie and I really the song Inferno in it.

May 22nd, 2022

@Glencia89

good luck with the Ldp program

I am a huge film buff. The last film I seen was girl interrupted.

May 22nd, 2022

I am Goalsforlife I am from the usa. I. Taking this class to help me be a better leader and also help me roles. I like mangos and cats,

CoraHermit May 24th, 2022

@GlenM

Hey! My name is Cora I am from the US and my favorite book at the moment is Sleeping Beauties.

gentleFox20 May 30th, 2022

@GlenM

Hi everyone! I'm Fox! I've been a Listener for a few months and I also host Listener Sharing Circles and Listener Discussions. I live in the UK with my partner and a little hamster. I watched The Adam Project recently and thought it was lovely. Funny and sweet with lots of nostalgia and family feels.

🦊

Glue June 13th, 2022

@GlenM

Hello all! I'm Glue.

I come from the Netherlands, but I've from an expat background so 'my own culture', so to speak, is a bit of a mix.

The most recent book I read (but haven't finished) was Stahl's Essential Psychopharmacology, the newest edition. As a hobby, not for university! The pictures are such an upgrade compared to the textbooks I've read on anything neuropsychology/neuroscience.

Hope you are all well!

audienta June 21st, 2022

@sunnyLion4273

Hey Lion, nice to meet you! I find it really interesting that you prefer books to audiobooks. For me, audiobooks make it easier to follow - with reading, I always get distracted...