Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

PL 101: Introduce Yourself! (Discussion 1)

GlenM June 29th, 2020

Welcome to our first course in the Leadership Development Program! I am very excited to get this going. This has been something we've wanted to do for the last several months and at long last it is here. Please find the course description below. Please also introduce yourself and let us (if comfortable) where you are from and a recent book or movie you have enjoyed. I'll get us started!

Course Description: You have personal gifts and strengths that can help you in life and also help other people. Identifying, amplifying, and deliberately building those strengths enables you to have a better personal life, professional life, and also enables you to more effectively serve others in our community. People sometimes make the mistake of focusing too much on their weaknesses. This can help, but deliberately building your strengths will get you much further in life and in your career. This course provides links to personality testing (MBTI, Big 5) where you can learn to identify your personality style and strengths. It helps you understand how to match your strengths to roles in the 7 Cups community and enables you to find a career path that will be fulfilling. Join other new leaders in individual and group learning exercises.

Please note: In order to successfully complete the LDP, you must respond to all discussion posts. Your comment/response should answer the questions/shows that you completed the given activity (if any). Read the post carefully and follow the instructions given. Save your responses to a document that you can later refer to. You will need to copy/paste your response in the course evaluation form at the end of each course to show that you have done the work and to refresh your memory.

After fulfilling the requirements of this post, please check out the next post here! You must take part in the brainstorming/activities given in all of these posts to successfully complete the program.

This post is brought to you by the Leadership Development Program Team, find out more information about the program here.

lueurspace June 24th, 2021

@unique73

Hi there, Uni! Red heart It is so good to see you here, starting with this program. It was really fun for me!

The Four Agreements is on my list and I am glad you are enjoying the book! I hope to read it soon maybe one day we can have a casual discussion on it, haha Tongue

The point is, people improve when they get external love and support. How can we hold it against them when they don't?

unique73 June 24th, 2021

@lueurspace
Hii Luu! I am enjoying this program too! thank you!
Haha sure, the book is a must read! ❤

JustOneMoreEpisode June 22nd, 2021

@GlenM
Hiii I'm JustOneMoreEpisode. Be free to call me Epi ^__^.
It's really nice meeting you all!!!
I'm 19 yeard old and I love reading books (I guess you may call me a bookworm hehe)...
The current book I am reading is called "Saving Danny by Cathy Glass", which is an amazing book that taught me a lot and inspired me.
Another one of my favourite book is "You Can Win by Shiv Khera".

ResilientLucky June 23rd, 2021

@JustOneMoreEpisode

Hello Epi! Nice meeting you too. I haven't heard of Saving Danny, but since you have mentioned that it's inspiring, I will give it a try. Looking forward to learning, sharing, growing, and graduating together.

unique73 June 24th, 2021

@JustOneMoreEpisode
I am a bookworm too! high fives!❤
I love both of the books you mentioned!

AndyLV June 28th, 2021

@unique73

Hello! It is nice meeting you! :)

ResilientLucky June 23rd, 2021

Hello everyone!

I am Lucky. I am from India. My all-time favourite book is The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry. It's close to my heart and I have read it again recently. The recent movie I watched is Raya and the Last Dragon.

AndyLV June 28th, 2021

@ResilientLucky

Hello! Nice to meet you! :)

AndyLV June 28th, 2021

@GlenM

Hello! I am Andy. I am from Boone, North Carolina and I love helping people. The last book that I read which is think was great is Crime and Punishment by Dostoevsky.

milkoreos July 5th, 2021

@Andyallen that sounds really interesting u-u what's it about?

June 28th, 2021

@GlenM
Hello! I am Hope and I am from India. The recent book that I have read is The Painted House by John Grisham, its a masterpiece! Really gripping!

wonderfulRainbow817 June 28th, 2021

@GlenM

Hello! My name is Rainbow. I live in central Pennsylvania. Just yesterday I watched the new movie "Luca" with my family. It was a great family movie!

milkoreos July 5th, 2021

luca is lovely :D

milkoreos July 5th, 2021

@GlenM hello!! i go by oreo & i'm half south asian and half arab. i've recently read 48 laws of power, i think it's an incredibly interesting book. loads of examples from history to learn from.

July 7th, 2021

@milkoreos
History is amazing!

Clarisse29 July 7th, 2021

@GlenM
hello! i am smriti and a recent book i read was the song of achilles by madeline miller

Matteo2020 July 12th, 2021

Hey there I am matteo 2020 I am from the Unitedkingdom and I am new to the Leadership programm

Harquinn909 July 12th, 2021

@GlenM Goodmorning!

I'm from a small town in Canada but currently living in Los Angeles.

My favourite book that I re-read regularly is called The Gargoyle :)

explore1000 July 14th, 2021

@GlenM

Hi! I'm from Boston, Massachusetts and I've recently took intrest in The Selection series. I've just finished book 2 and can't wait to get my hands on book 3 : )

neutrian July 16th, 2021

hello! I'm neutrian, from India and I loveee style wars (1983)!!

sereneButton43 July 18th, 2021

Hi! I am Button. I am from India and a recent movie I have enjoyed is The Dry (2020).

Matteo2020 July 20th, 2021

Good Afternoon All

My name is matteo and I am a new Trainee to this Leadership Programm I am currently Living in the Unitedkingdom and i am also a full Time Domacillary careworker for the National Health Working with people with mental Health Difficultys and Dementia who need Home support I have been Doing this now for over 2 years and I love working with people and meeting new people and trying to Help people

Ashvillium July 25th, 2021

@GlenM
Hey There!
So glad to be a part of this course. This is Ash from India. Though I watch series more than I read books, still I started a book titled "Everone Has A Story" written by an indian writer 'Savi Sharma'. Currently I am going through the initial pages but I can definitely say that its going to be interesting. Besides I completed the season 1 of "Witcher" day before yesterday (waiting eagerly for the second season) and just started "Black Mirror" on a serious recommendation from one of my friends. Hope this one too goes well and I am so excited to end it up too!

yourfriend5 September 28th, 2021

@Ashvillium

Hi.

I have just joined the Leadership Development Program. I'm so glad to be here.

ComradeRuhi August 3rd, 2021

@GlenM
Heyooo! I've just joined the Leadership Development Program. My name's Ruhana! I'm so glad to be here. I was born and raised in New York, and I am currently 17. :) A movie I recently watched was A Silent Voice. It's such a good film, and was something I really connected to.

LindenTea August 6th, 2021

@GlenM

Heylo there! I am Linden. I have recently finished The Darkest Legacy, the fourth book from the series The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken and I absolutely loved it!

@SkyLindenHope

good to see u

LindenTea August 6th, 2021

@GlenM

Heylo there! I am Linden. I have recently finished The Darkest Legacy, the fourth book from the series The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken and I absolutely loved it!

bubblingBreeze14 August 12th, 2021

@GlenM

Hi, I'm Breeze. I've recently read a book named "A sweet mess" which is a romance comedy novel. I must say it is a great novel to read. Lot of funny incidents, friendships and of course baking one of my favourites.. laugh

AmazingDog96 August 16th, 2021

@GlenM
Hi! My name is Nikola! I'm from Zagreb, capital of Croatia.
Last movie I watched was the Godfather, it was probably 50th time I've seen it. Great storyline, great acting.

caringSmiles1016 August 17th, 2021

@GlenM
Hey guys! I've just joined the Leadership Development Program. My name's caring Smiles! I'm so glad to be here. I am a Trainee Chemical Engineer fresher at MFL.

Izzy274 September 12th, 2021

@caringSmiles1016
Hi Caring smiles! I hope your programme is going well! Being a trainee chemical engineer sounds so cool, it's great to be on this course with you :)

caringSmiles1016 November 9th, 2021

@Izzy274 yup

TheGoodHeartedBuddy August 31st, 2021

@GlenM
Hi, I am the GoodHeartedBuddy! i'm exciited to be a part of the Leadership Program and interact with you guys. I'm from New York!

caringHope1976 September 4th, 2021

@TheGoodHeartedBuddy
Helllo. Excited to have you with us.

TheGoodHeartedBuddy September 4th, 2021

Thank you! I’m excited to be a part of this program.

@TheGoodHeartedBuddy

Nice to hear from you

Prachi9876 September 2nd, 2021

@GlenM

Hello all!
I am Prachi, Really excited to be a part of LDP
I am currently reading this book called "RECLAIM YOUR BRAIN" by psychiatrist Dr. Joseph Annibali.
Amazing perspectives and logics has helped me deal with my own thoughts and issues here.
Cant wait to learn and apply more things here at 7Cups

caringHope1976 September 4th, 2021

@Prachi9876
Hello Prachi. The book sounds too good. Will look into it.

Crystaldancer September 3rd, 2021

@GlenM

Hello everyone, my name is Ámbar, I am from Ecuador, I want to learn more about how to attend others in 7 cups, I am excited to do this, although I am somewhat lost because my English is not that good, but I am excited to learn more