Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

PL 101: Introduce Yourself! (Discussion 1)

GlenM June 29th, 2020

Welcome to our first course in the Leadership Development Program! I am very excited to get this going. This has been something we've wanted to do for the last several months and at long last it is here. Please find the course description below. Please also introduce yourself and let us (if comfortable) where you are from and a recent book or movie you have enjoyed. I'll get us started!

Course Description: You have personal gifts and strengths that can help you in life and also help other people. Identifying, amplifying, and deliberately building those strengths enables you to have a better personal life, professional life, and also enables you to more effectively serve others in our community. People sometimes make the mistake of focusing too much on their weaknesses. This can help, but deliberately building your strengths will get you much further in life and in your career. This course provides links to personality testing (MBTI, Big 5) where you can learn to identify your personality style and strengths. It helps you understand how to match your strengths to roles in the 7 Cups community and enables you to find a career path that will be fulfilling. Join other new leaders in individual and group learning exercises.

Please note: In order to successfully complete the LDP, you must respond to all discussion posts. Your comment/response should answer the questions/shows that you completed the given activity (if any). Read the post carefully and follow the instructions given. Save your responses to a document that you can later refer to. You will need to copy/paste your response in the course evaluation form at the end of each course to show that you have done the work and to refresh your memory.

After fulfilling the requirements of this post, please check out the next post here! You must take part in the brainstorming/activities given in all of these posts to successfully complete the program.

This post is brought to you by the Leadership Development Program Team, find out more information about the program here.

AdylynS March 4th, 2021

@GlenM

Hello Everyone,

My name is Madison/Madi but on 7 cups i am @AdylynS. I live around Fairbanks, Alaska. The last book i enjoyed was Fish in A Tree. Although it was easy to read, I loved it!

Sunisshiningandsoareyou March 5th, 2021

@AdylynS

Hii Madii, great to see you here . ♥️

Kieran000 March 7th, 2021

@GlenM

Hi everyone! I'm Kieran, I'm from England and I haven't really watched many movies so my recently found favourite song is Grow as we go by Ben Platt :)

thisisirene March 11th, 2021

@kieran000 Omg I love that song! I think I mentioned it in TL like last week or something.

KristinHelps March 15th, 2021

@kieran000 awesome! Going look this up!

marvelloustree1111 March 8th, 2021

@GlenM

Hello there!

I am from India and the last book I read was A Brief History of time by Prof. Stephen Hawking. Loved it! I had to read it twice to get the whole material (at least most of it)....

The last movie I watched was Dr. Strange, wow, it was one of a kind!

blindHeart12 March 9th, 2021

@marvelloustree1111

Hi Marvellous nice to see someone starting LDP at same time of me. Hope it would be good journey of sharing and learning.

marvelloustree1111 March 12th, 2021

@blindHeart12

Yeah Heart, hope it will be an enriching journey and all the very best :)

thisisirene March 23rd, 2021

@marvelloustree1111 Dr. Strange is awesome!

Looj March 8th, 2021

Hi! I’ve already been typed as ENFP from a website called cognitive8, it uses visual and auditory cues while typing. Speaking of my Enneagram, I’m almost type 5 as someone dealing with schizophrenia.

Looj March 8th, 2021

Forgot to tell you that I’m an Uzbek Saudi living in Riyadh, I’m a fan of Disney and my favorites are Aladdin and Treasure Planet, both made by the same directors.

blindHeart12 March 9th, 2021

@GlenM

Hi I am Blindheart from India and recently i am enjoying series call " The BoldType" that revolve around life of 3 woman their job, career and relationship.

I prefer light hearted movie so it refresh my mind. Recently finished the book "I hear You"

thisisirene March 11th, 2021

Hey there!

My name is Irene: ) I don't really know what to put here but I like cats and German geography! MY favourite show is grey's anatomy.

I hope y'all are having a nice day!

SpicyHeart March 11th, 2021

hello, my name is Bubble, or Bu

I wanna be a better leader, more calm and confident

March 11th, 2021

@GlenM

I am Mishi, a 17-year-old girl from India, studying psychology and looking forward to becoming a great life coach. I love dancing, dressing, drawing, art, fashion, listening to songs, reading, and writing. The recent book I've read is "The power of your subconscious mind" heart

NityaSpiritualHealer March 12th, 2021

@GlenM 🙏

Thanks for this Thread, as by my as it clearly says, Am Nitya, am practicing Spirituality and healing.

And I joined 7 Cups as I got motivated by the fact that we Gemini people are chatter box and not good listeners, so to prove it that we are also Good listeners, am here...🙂

Am an Indian, as it clearly shows my native country.

And recently I Saw film "A Beautiful Beast"🎬. As the story of film really motivates an invoking thought that sometimes we need isolation and free ourselves from World duties to be at Peace with Nature.

Regards🙏

SunnyLexi March 14th, 2021

Hi I'm Lexi! I loved the musical Hamaltion!

@SunnyLexi it's a great musical!

thisisirene March 23rd, 2021

@SunnyLexi Me too! Hamilton is great

shiningSky3745 March 15th, 2021

Hi I am sky

I am 16

I am male

I promise I am a total weirdo

I love history 🤓

UnicornsCottonCandy March 25th, 2021

@shiningSky3745

I love history too! I love how history connects everything that we know in real life. A really fascinating subject.

@GlenM Hello smiley I'm Kristin, I live in Virginia. I recently watched the movie I Care a Lot on Netflix and it was intense! surprise

Chloe563 March 15th, 2021

Hey, I'm Rhlexia.💜 I live in East Russia. The other day I watched Girl on the Third Floor on Netflix and it was quite scary but I don't mind it. It's a very good film! 😄

AdylynS March 19th, 2021

@GlenM

Hello, My name is Madi!

I may have completed this before but I am from Alaska and I just raed Wolf Hollow and i loved it!

optimisticDay8079 March 21st, 2021

Hi guys, my name is Ana and I'm from Portugal :D a book ive read recently was kafka on the shore by Haruki Murakami and it's become one of my all time favorites!

@optimisticDay8079

I have read Murakami's stories and found them a bit hard. But I'm interested in his use of magical realism in his stories. Are you interested in them too?

optimisticDay8079 March 25th, 2021

@UnicornsCottonCandy oh yes they're a bit hard to understtand at first if you dont know his type of writing style yet but ive been going through all his books ever since quarantine started

shallowWater7547 May 3rd, 2021

@optimisticDay8079

yeah! you are right it takes some time to understand his writing style.

Hi I'm UnicornsCottonCandy. It's nice to participate in the LDP!

@GlenM

Hi I'm Bomin and I live in South Korea. I'm so excited to join the LDP program!

Although I haven't watched a lot of movies lately, my life movie is Pitch Perfect 1, 2, and 3!

JoyfulMovement September 8th, 2021

@UnicornsCottonCandy

Hi Bomin, I adore those movies as well! Definitely a go-to for a fun sing-along movie night.

kindLemonade March 26th, 2021

@GlenM

Hi Glen and hello everyone, I'm Bu, i have been a member, and a listener in 7cups since 2017. I have just got back to be active on 7cups since last week, and can't wait to join this leadership program!

cuteeeezombieeee March 29th, 2021

Heya! My name is Sierra and I'm from a town in Hunter Valley, NSW, Australia! A book I have read recently is 40 Rules of Love-Elif Shafak..Loved the book! A close friend of mine suggested it and I had a pleasant experience reading it! smiley

jinlatte March 29th, 2021

@GlenM

Hi, I am Jin! I live in Scotland, UK. I love going out for walks with my dog! I love being a part of this communityblush

Ahmed April 1st, 2021

@GlenM

Hi everyone, I'm Ahmed from Egypt. I started the book (When Nietzche Wept) its very interesting one for me and excited to finish soon.

I'm happy to share this journey with you here and wish you all to have great time during these few weeks in the course ^^

herealways27 April 5th, 2021

Hi there! I'm Herealways and I'm from the Bay Area, California. I'm currently watching Penthouse - a Korean drama and I can't possibly describe the greatness and craziness of this series. Highly highly recommend!!!

WynterRose April 6th, 2021

@GlenM

I'm Rose from NY, I live outside of NYC but nearby. I recently got into 911 Lonestar. I was already into 911 LA and some other related shows. I'd highly recommend!

mamtasha22 April 6th, 2021

Hey, I am mamtasha and I am pretty sure, me introducing myself is somewhere in this thread but I would still take some time to re-introduce myself as I had dropped out and rejoined the course.

I am mamtasha

I am 15

I am clumsy

and I am the crazy cat lady of teen land, owning a whopping total of 11 cats

and I am pretty excited for this course <3 <3

RideaRainbow April 6th, 2021

@GlenM

hello Glen

I am Tani from India. Been here for almost 6 years and what an amazing journey it has been. It gave me just the purpose for my life. Thank you so much for creating this super helpful forum.

Regards

Tani

7cups has given

GlenM OP April 7th, 2021

Thank you for your service to our community!