Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

PL 101: Introduce Yourself! (Discussion 1)

GlenM June 29th, 2020

Welcome to our first course in the Leadership Development Program! I am very excited to get this going. This has been something we've wanted to do for the last several months and at long last it is here. Please find the course description below. Please also introduce yourself and let us (if comfortable) where you are from and a recent book or movie you have enjoyed. I'll get us started!

Course Description: You have personal gifts and strengths that can help you in life and also help other people. Identifying, amplifying, and deliberately building those strengths enables you to have a better personal life, professional life, and also enables you to more effectively serve others in our community. People sometimes make the mistake of focusing too much on their weaknesses. This can help, but deliberately building your strengths will get you much further in life and in your career. This course provides links to personality testing (MBTI, Big 5) where you can learn to identify your personality style and strengths. It helps you understand how to match your strengths to roles in the 7 Cups community and enables you to find a career path that will be fulfilling. Join other new leaders in individual and group learning exercises.

Please note: In order to successfully complete the LDP, you must respond to all discussion posts. Your comment/response should answer the questions/shows that you completed the given activity (if any). Read the post carefully and follow the instructions given. Save your responses to a document that you can later refer to. You will need to copy/paste your response in the course evaluation form at the end of each course to show that you have done the work and to refresh your memory.

After fulfilling the requirements of this post, please check out the next post here! You must take part in the brainstorming/activities given in all of these posts to successfully complete the program.

This post is brought to you by the Leadership Development Program Team, find out more information about the program here.

glisteningEyes July 10th, 2020

@Erato

Nice to meet you Era & Thank you sharing the pizza! :p

July 9th, 2020

@GlenM

Hello, everyone! I'm Anonymous, and I grew up in Lebanon. I have recently started watching Love, Victor, and I find it quite interesting. I also have recently rewatched The Breakfast Club for the millionth time and it's always going to be a classic. I'm looking forward to learn more about leadership skills and interact with everyone! Have a good day/night!

@anonymouslistener23

Nice to meet you Anon :)

July 10th, 2020

@glisteningEyes

Likewise! :)

relaxSea July 9th, 2020

Hi! My name is Eugenia (mostly called Eugi), and I'm from Puerto Rico. A movie I've enjoyed recently is Someone Great!

@relaxSea

Nice to meet you Eugi!

I've been wanting to watch someone great :D

Yougotmyback July 10th, 2020

@GlenM Hello! I'm Apoorva from India. Currently, I'm reading "The soul of an Octopus' by Sy Montgomery.

I find this place very comfortable, positive & safe. Thanks for that! :)

@Yougotmyback

Nice to meet you Apoorva!

I'm happy to hear that you find this place safe & comforting! :)

Yougotmyback July 11th, 2020

@glisteningEyes :)

smilingsnapples July 10th, 2020

@GlenM

Please also introduce yourself and let us (if comfortable) where you are from and a recent book or movie you have enjoyed

Hey, all! My name is Frances and I am from New York City. A recent book that I have enjoyed was Identity by Milan Kundera. Kundera is one of my favorite authors :-).

@smilingsnapples

Nice to meet you Frances!

Glen has introduced himself on page page 1, you just need to scroll down a little :)

Afunnyfarm824 July 10th, 2020

My name is afunnyfarm824 I am excited about this opportunity to connect and help others across the internet. I love to garden and spend time with family. I have chickens, dogs, and bunnies hence the funny farm. We will be adding other animals as we go but for now, we are working with the ones we have. I love the outdoors and anything to do with relaxing within this crazy world.

@Afunnyfarm824

It's nice to meet you! I'm excited to be sharing this journey with you :)

LetUsThinkTogether July 10th, 2020

@Afunnyfarm824

My username is icanhelp12321

I am person who observe the changes in self and outside very keenly.Nobody is perfect and I believe those imperfections make the strong notes of the symphony of life.I know the worth of a human being who is there to listen to us.Since we are human beings we crave for human interaction.I often see things philosophically but deep down I am man of simple terms and conditions.I love to write things and be in healthy groups.Last but not the least I wish all the best for everybody here.

glisteningEyes July 11th, 2020

@Icanhelp12321

Nice to meet you! I wish you all the best too :)

WarriorPrincess16 July 10th, 2020

@GlenM

Hi! I'm from the US, Southern California more specifically - it's usually warm and sunny over here! I've recently watched two iconic movies: Charlie Chaplin(Modern Times) and one you probably have heard of at some point ... Titanic!

My family's been trying to watch older films, and we've been recently watching some classics! I've never understood the Titanic references, but after watching it - wow. And Modern Times has officially become my favourite silent film.... though it is the only one I've watched yet! I definitely recommend 'travelling back into the past' and watching/rewatching some classic films!!

@WarriorPrincess16

Hi! I love classic films, feel free to send me a list of ones that you end up watching and we can talk about them :D

WarriorPrincess16 July 11th, 2020

@glisteningEyes

Sounds amazing!! Looking forward to it :D

tessie855 July 11th, 2020

@WarriorPrincess16

Hey! I love old movies too! I'll definitely check out that Charlie Chaplin one, I only watched City Lights so far. Thanks for the suggestion! :)

WarriorPrincess16 July 11th, 2020

@tessie855

I actually haven't seen City Lights before, so that is definitely making it onto my 'classic films' list. Oh, and I'm really glad that I could give you a new movie recommendation! I hope you have a good time!!

@tessie855

I also haven't seen city lights , it looks good though!

Ines1229 December 8th, 2020

@WarriorPrincess16

Carlie Chaplin and Titanic seem to be such different genres of music! Great tastes though :D

ashlyntheordinary July 10th, 2020

Heyyyaaa :D My name is Ashlyn and it's awesome to be here!!! ;") I'm Indian but I live in Dubai so I got the taste of both the city and the country haha. I've currently finished watching a film known as 'Sunrise:- A Song of Two Humans.' The movie runs around the theme of forgiveness and rediscovering love.

@ashlyntheordinary

It's nice to meet you Ashlyn!

I love old films! I'm defiently going to give that film a watch later :)

@glisteningEyes

Awww it's nice to meet you too, yay!!! ;") I'm super happy you do <3 I love them as well

@ashlyntheordinary

:D any other favourite old films?

@glisteningEyes

I'm in love with Audrey Hepburn haha so Breakfast at Tiffany's is one of my favourites

How about you? Do you have any suggestions? :D I'd love to hear!!

@ashlyntheordinary

I'm yet to see that film!

Some of my favourites: Laurel & Hardy, Dirty Dancing, Gremlins :p

ashlyntheordinary July 11th, 2020

@glisteningEyes

Omgg I love dirty dancing!!! :DDD I'm gonna watch the rest doe :P

tessie855 July 11th, 2020

@ashlyntheordinary

Hi Ashlyn! Oo I love old movies, I heard of that one before but haven't gotten around to watching it yet. Hopefully I'll get a chance to see it soon! :)

ashlyntheordinary July 12th, 2020

@tessie855

Ayyy, I'm happy to see so many people who love old films <3 Hope you get a chance to watch it ;")

friend4life20 July 12th, 2020

@ashlyntheordinary

It's nice to meet you Ashlyn and that's a really good movie to watch and certainly, it resonates with what we need right now in the world. I am Indian too. I love old movies and Bollywood movies also

July 10th, 2020

@GlenM

I am Don. I am a listener here for 5 years. I feel great about helping people out.

@DonaldDraper

Nice to meet you Don :)

I've been a listener on here for 5 years as well

July 10th, 2020

@glisteningEyes

Nice to meet you :)

Skyglider July 10th, 2020

@GlenM

@GlenM

Oops! :D

Hi I'm WonderfulRainbows. I live in Nova Scotia, Canada. I'm currently reading "Wild" a story about a woman who did the Pacific Trail and some of the journey of self discovery she's gone through.

@WonderfulRainbows2862

I've been meaning to read the book / watch the movie of that! :p

@glisteningEyes I didn't realize it was a movie as well. I've enjoyed the book so far, but there have been moments where I just couldn't understand her choices entirely... but I could at the same time if that makes sense... Am eager to see how it ends. :)

@WonderfulRainbows2862

Yeah I understand what you mean, I found the movie confusing at times too! :p