Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Course 2 Queries - Post here!

FrenchToast January 26th, 2021

Hey there! If you have any questions related to course 2 - be it quizzes, course content, or any of the forms. Please feel free to post here. heart

This post is brought to you by the Leadership Development Program Team, find out more information about the program here.

sunlightspirit February 6th, 2021

I am challenging a Course 2 exam correct answer. The question was:

What is a sign of passive-aggressive communication?

The answer you wanted was "indirect communication"...which can be correct HOWEVER,

so is backstabbing. And here is my research of an article from the Life Change Institute on Passive Aggressive Behaviors. It reads:

So what does this look like? Passive aggression can take many forms, but some of the most common ways this behavior can manifest are:

Agreeing to do a task with no intention of completing it. Whether it's a friend constantly canceling plans right before hand or a co-worker who agrees to help with a project but then completely fails to deliver, this behavior involves regularly breaking his or her word and severing the trust in your relationship.

Being purposely forgetful. In a similar vein to behavior number one, passive aggressive people will often agree to do something and then claim they 'forgot' once it's too late to reschedule or fix the problem.

Acting willfully incompetent. If a passive aggressive person resents being asked to take on a task, rather than telling the other person that she does not want to do the task she will often procrastinate or pretend she lacks the skills, hoping that the project will eventually be handed off to someone else.

Backstabbing. Passive aggressive people are often afraid of confrontation, but are still angry and upset. Instead of taking care of the problem in a mature way (upfront and directly with the person they have a disagreement with) they will talk about the person behind his or her back.

Manipulation. Rather than ask for help or tell others what he would like to see happen, a passive aggressive person will often find ways to manipulate a situation. For example, he might complain about a nonexistent injury to get someone else to carry a heavy object down the stairs for him.

Based on this, I would ask that I recieve credit for answering with backstabbing. Thank you

FrenchToast OP February 8th, 2021

@sunlightspirit Thank you for pointing that out for us. I do agree that backstabbing is a pro-passive aggressive behaviour. I will look into it!

Gnibellen January 13th, 2022

Where can I find course 2 activities? I can’t find them anywhere.

FrenchToast OP January 13th, 2022

@Gnibellen Here. Please refer to the step by step guide - it has everything. And exploring the LDP subforum will also help.

(All in blue is hyperlinked - please click.)

Chloe1644 January 29th, 2023

I don't understand discussion 3.

FrenchToast OP January 31st, 2023

@Chloe1644 Please don't hesitate to reach out to a mentor for help with it. https://www.7cups.com/forum/LeadershipDevelopmentProgram_202/LeadershipDevelopmentTrack_2138/LDPMentorsTeam_240813/