Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Journal Ideas/Inspo

greka7 August 8th

Hii all. Hope you're all doing well reading this forum.

I'm just curious: what do you usually write in your journals and diaries? For me, I just write about my feelings or reflections regarding today's events. Since school is starting very soon for me (next week!!) , I find myself journaling a lot lately to try to decompress and declutter my mind. I just think that expressing thoughts via writing is easier than through verbal means because I tend to stumble over my words when I talk to people or I just simply don't know the right words to really articulate what I want to say. I also like to doodle in my journals when I don't know what to write.

So, do let me know what you guys like to write about! I'm very curious to see what we have in common and what is unique in our journal entires xx

Snak3Wolf72 August 9th

I actually write multiple things depending on the mood and day :) I have a daily journal where I write the gist of my day, such as what I had for breakfast, what activities I did, etc. I have an actual diary where I write the burdening things in my mind, such as a breakup or argument, etc. Specifically for me I write random things that seem to burden me than usual, even if it’s a one time thing. And lastly, I write poems to describe how I feel without knowing how to genuinely express through specifics. It helps when I know how to describe my feelings through metaphors and phrases. Hope this helps 😅

greka7 OP August 9th

Thanks for sharing!!

I also like to write some poems as well in my commonplace journal. They tend to be about relationships and emotions too haha. Writing about them really helps me to relieve stress, so I’m glad journaling helps you too.

Cheers to you !!

DarkCloudSurvivor August 19th

@greka7. Wow…I could have written this!

I have been doing drawings (really bad ones because I can’t draw) that illustrate how i feel. It’s been good. Now I keep seeing my feelings in my mind. I am very bad at expressing myself in words…especially talking, but these drawings help me bring out what is inside.

not that I’m showing it to anyone! I’m sure my therapist would be interested in seeing it but I don’t think I will show her.

i used to try and write all about my day but that got to be boring even to write! So now I’m going for phrases and drawings and short sentences.