Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

shame--regret?

theapi849 February 25th, 2020

i had something like a hook-up last night (first after one and a half year) and it was good and i was so happy, like, i wasn't that happy in a long time.

now i feel so confused and ashamed yet happy and satisfied. the thing is that hook-up caused some problems at home, such as me safely coming home *in the morning* (guy drove me back) and facing my family getting ready for work and being furious. then i lied i was over at friend's with more people and we had a game night and i fell asleep and forgot to text but they were like "yeah whatever, now you'll have to turn on gps tracking on your phone cause we were worried sick that out mentally unstable 19yo daughter didn't come home all night". moreover, i am risking three friendships - the guy i slept with is not their friend but they know him and they all had some kind of friendship at some point of their lives (they are not that good anymore), it's just that i'll be degraded in their eyes, like i've lost my dignity. and i care about those friendships, we are not that close but they mean to me. and if one of them finds out, all three know plus other people. not good. on top of that, i have some trust issues and i talked with him and he agreed on keeping it secret but i can't be sure that he will or how long will it be.

[tl;dr] i hooked up with with a guy and it caused me pleasure but with that some problems came. i had to lie to my family and cause them pain. i have to risk three okay friendships (and probably more) for taming my sexual desire. i feel confused and tired and ashamed.

will probably talk with him. i don't know what to do tho.

MonicaQu February 25th, 2020

Thanks for sharing about what happened last night. I guess when you have a hook up you want to keep it as one. Im glad that you found it was good and you felt happy for a while. I guess you care about how your family feel about you plus, they seem to worry about you. I guess you dont want this to affect your three friendships. I hope that you get to talk to him and you decide on what to do.

@theapi849