Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

a series of little successes

genmaicha78 September 28th, 2020

today i took a bowl out of my room that had been there for a lot of months. it had clove powder mixed with water on it it was pretty caked on. then i washed it with a scrub brush, hot water and detergent. now it has returned to the dish rotation :)

recently i have been doing some cleaning of my room until i reach my limit, which is actually very low, but im focusing on doing it often enough that i dont slide back into not doing it! things like routines intimidate me a lot so interpreting it like this brings a great weight off my shoulders. i'd feel guilty about taking a non standard approach but i try to remember that guilt serves nobody and that i like seeking new ways to do things anyway. acknowledging a struggle i have and picking it apart to figure out why, and attacking it with that knowledge seems to work for me

i also tried dancing and had fun with it. its good for getting your heart rate or sweat to increase if you only have a little space or dont want to go out to run for example. i started with the stick bug dance then started moving other parts of my body if i felt like it and i got more comfortable and ended up moving a lot :D

also i think i will try to eat some chicken today so my body will feel better.

meta: so i guess i just treat this whole thread as my diary? (separate threads for separate entries is no?) whats the diff between a diary and check in?

have a nice day

amandabutterfly8803 September 29th, 2020

Cleaning can be therapeutic