Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

are you okay?

youarenotalone00 December 30th, 2020

im usually pretty good at masking myself...i do it all the time...if anyone suspects if anything is wrong with me...i shut them up with "im alright" or "im fine"...but today was really hard...i was struggling to put on a smile..to act out this perfectly happy and normal girl i call myself...its exhausting to keep up with this persona and i do not want to live in denial and knowing i wasn't an option i braced myself for another day...i could feel myself get agitated and i wanted it to stop...i could feel myself losing ....these emotions rushing to the surface prepareing myself for the worst...but then i saw someone staring...they could see right through me...they sensed something wrong with me and walked right to me and after a long pause they said "Are you okay?"...i had been asked this question before but it was something in the way in which they asked...i knew they cared in what i had to say...struggling to keep myself together i could feel my insecurities on display...my walls were crumbling down and i felt a lump in my throught my eyes started tearing up...my mask was my safty net it helped me get through it everyday...it as the only thing i could rely on to cover up this hurt and pain and now it was gone..i coulnt find the right words to say ...i felt speechless...so i told them"i couldn't tell the last time i felt okay" ...i couldnt get myself to shrug it off and couldnt lie...i couldnt force another smile...not anymore...i couldnt even come up with a silly excuse...so i did hat i knew i could i broke down...i cried.

ouiCherie December 31st, 2020

@youarenotalone00

○a friendly comfort hugs○

Understand. You have been strong for so long. Have been a rock for other people one too many times.

Only one with extra strength can share the strength with others.

Behind the smiles and the comforts you sincerely gave others, you long for someone, anyone who is honestly willing to know the person behind the strong front facade. And they did it. And your walls crumbled and you cried.

This time you're not only being the strong one, you showed that you're the brave one just as much.

Only one with courage can show weakness and vulnerability.

Like your name said, you're not alone. We are here to support each other ❤

youarenotalone00 OP December 31st, 2020

@ouiCherie

thank youu *hugs youheart*

that was super sweet...it means alot

ouiCherie December 31st, 2020

You're most welcome. You got this @youarenotalone00

See you around! 🤗💙