Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

How do I start writing my diary?

meowcat1216 November 9th, 2023

I have tried forming a habit of writing my diary but it only has a few entries since I bought it . I struggle with maintaining it . Looking forward to your responses!

Mya000 November 11th, 2023

@meowcat1216 Hello! Starting a diary can be a bit challenging, especially when trying to maintain the habit. One suggestion might be to set a specific time each day, even if it's just a few minutes, dedicated solely to writing in your diary. It could be in the morning or just before bed—whatever suits you best. Also, making it a part of a routine activity, like right after brushing your teeth, might help anchor the habit.

Another idea is to consider prompts to get you started. There are many online resources or books that provide daily prompts to spark your writing. Sometimes having a specific topic or question can make it easier to begin.

And remember, there's no pressure to write a lot. Even a few sentences or bullet points about your day can be a great start. The most important thing is to find a rhythm that works for you and brings you some joy in the process. You've got this! Good luck and happy writing!

meowcat1216 OP November 13th, 2023

Thank you very much for the advice.