Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Getting rid of the past

crimsonChestnut5482 August 17th, 2021

I'm not exactly sure how to do this. If anyone reads it they will discover that sometimes things are far from chronologic. It is much more stream of consciousness. And I would not have thougt to do this but that I ended up doing something today that I have resisted doing for a long time. I cried about the great heartache of my childhood. And I was so overwhelmed, and my mother was sitting on the phone with me talking about the events that created such a loss for me, and the strangest thing happened. I really felt like my little self and I talked to my mother in some of the same ways that I know I did, about how much the events of my childhood really seemed to take over my parents' relationship that I felt that she was not there in some ways. And mom apologized, and she said she understood. And now I think I can begin to move forward more with the things I have to work on. But it was not always such a triumph of the spirit.

SoftFaith2004 August 17th, 2021

Hello! I understand you, I know it's hard but never impossible. I am with you!heart

crimsonChestnut5482 OP August 17th, 2021

Thank you 😊

barncat September 21st, 2021

@crimsonChestnut5482- thank you for sharing your experience talking about your past with your mother. Hope all is moving along positively for you. Take care.