Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

My Inner Compass

Robbin77 September 4th

Hello all! Thanks so much for coming to this thread, reading, and for partaking if you so choose! I am a newbie Listener here at 7 Cups and am very excited for my journey of connections with others, learning many new skills, and gaining meaningful experiences. One of the paths that lead me to begin Listening with 7 Cups started with my own Inner Compass calling to me my inner values of community, empathy, and kindness.

I believe the Inner Compass to be very personal to each of us with no correct way to draw, explain, or visualize it. With this, I know for myself and many others that our upbringings made us believe otherwise. Whether that was religious beliefs, family pressure, or mental health issues; there are many external influences that can make a person question: 1. Is my Inner Compass good or bad? 2. Is my Inner Compass safe to listen to?

In personal experience, it took a lot of time and therapeutic intervention to understand that my Inner Compass was not bad and was not something to be feared, but rather helpful signs and signals the way. I spent a lot of years seeking a compass to follow without realizing I had a great, strong one right inside of myself.

What I am very curious about is when, if you feel comfortable sharing. did you really feel your Inner Compass develop or become louder? Was there support for you to spend the space and time listening for your compass, or did you also have to dig for it after pushing it down? Lastly, are there times or situations that you feel as though you can honor your Inner Compass more than others?

I really appreciate any willingness to share or discuss hypothetically if it is easier to digest. Thanks again for your time and happy Listening, everybody!

Hope September 11th

@Robbin77

What a fascinating post!

I like the idea of viewing the compass as something that can be worked on. Though I am inclined to believe its rather us working on reading it better. I think we just get better at reading our compass as we work on ourselves!