Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Embracing Openness: Your Ticket to Lifelong Learning

wishfulForest1871 June 29th

Hello Cupsers 😀,

Let's talk about something super important: openness. Having an open mindset means you're ready to accept new ideas, try out different experiences, and see things from other perspectives. It's all about challenging what you think you know and diving into the unknown with curiosity.

So, why does openness matter?

Picture this: I used to think yoga was just stretching and breathing, nothing special. 😮‍💨 But one day, a friend dragged me to a class. 🫣 I was skeptical, but I decided to be open-minded and give it a shot. To my surprise, not only did I enjoy it, but it also helped me with stress management and improved my flexibility. If I had stayed closed off, I would have missed out on something that became a crucial part of my routine! 🤩🥳

Discussion Questions:

1. How do you stay open-minded in your everyday life? Share your tips and tricks for embracing new ideas and experiences.
  2. Can you share a time when being open to something new made a big difference in your life? What was it, and how did it impact you?

Openness isn't just about trying new activities—it's also about listening to and learning from different viewpoints. Being open in a constantly changing world can help us adapt and grow. So, what are some ways you practice openness? Maybe it's trying a new hobby, exploring a different genre of music, or even having conversations with people who have different opinions.

Let’s hear your stories and insights! What has openness brought into your life? 

🐾 wishfulForest1871🐾

Hope July 12th

@wishfulForest1871

It seems like your openness to a new experience allowed your quality of life to improve!

I think this is a particularly challenging domain to conquer. I try to remember the times when I actually enjoyed something I dreaded. 

I can't say any one experience has been life changing but maybe that will happen someday!

wishfulForest1871 OP July 12th

@Hope

Thank you for your kind words! Embracing new experiences has indeed made a positive impact on my life. I'm hopeful that a truly life-changing moment will come everyone’s way someday too. ☺️

Maslow July 16th

@wishfulForest1871 Becuase it allows you to connect with othewrs

CreativeKombucha July 21st

@wishfulForest1871

1. Even though I am very opinionated, I am learning how to take middle grounds by listening to both sides before forming own opinion and being non judgementative

2. Growing up as a girl on the autism spectrum, I liked to stay in my own little world with Disney movies.  When I got to middle school, it was rough.  While in gym class, I played basket ball and discovered that I really liked it.  Since then I have fallen in love with that sport and enjoy watching college basket ball.

Maslow July 27th

@wishfulForest1871 The realisation that We are social creatures