Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Being an 'I'.

mineofroses September 1st

Self-awareness is the ability to look through "I" instead of just "eye." It may seem simple, but it requires ample brainpower to truly comprehend. Even if you understand its meaning, it's possible to be unaware of your own self-awareness. Ultimately, self-awareness is more important than any other skill.

w20180104-eurich-self-awareness-360-1156x2048_1725174325.png

Self-awareness is the evaluation of every single aspect related to oneself. It involves understanding one's strengths, weaknesses, emotional intelligence, and more. When one is Self-aware it reflects outside as well, we all must have came across people with imposter syndrome. The best people with lack of self-awareness. We even try to avoid those people who don't have the clarity about their own being making a perception not very positive.

After a long time, I realized, I was lying in the 4th Quadrant (the image) that was obviously because of lack of Self-awareness. Without the awareness of the self, we are confused, we fail to manage ourselves and our emotions and we are impulsive. We fail to make a positive reflection about ourselves. But being aware of ourselves helps in clarifying what are them, what exactly are them and what exactly matters to them and exactly why. I am using the word *exactly* as anything less would fall under confusion. 

What do you think, Does it reflect outside as well that a person is not Self-aware?

FirmWind September 2nd

@mineofroses

Thank you for sharing this. It takes a lot of strength to be open with our past; sometimes we feel our personal failures or shortcomings can be embarrassing or make us feel awkward. I appreciate your bravery and sincerity.

What you're saying about self awareness really resonates with me and my life experience, though. Self-awareness is huge. Being aware of ourselves isn't something that seems to comes naturally, I think it takes effort. It also takes us being at a point in our lives where we have the opportunity to focus on ourselves, and not just those things we're doing on the day-to-day. When we start thinking about the future, we become self aware.

When I was homeless for a few years, I was absolutely not self aware. I can only imagine it was obvious to others that I wasn't self aware either. Being constantly distracted by weather, hunger, and other pressing needs took away my inner voice and puts me into a different mode of existence. Looking back at it, I can see it in others.

mineofroses OP September 3rd

@FirmWind

Thank you so much for your powerful words. I feel exalted💗

Thank you for giving your Insight. Your Perspective reflects optimism and conviction.

Just like your words, you are so powerful and It was so inspiring to hear about your experience.

Take care, You are Precious!

FirmWind September 3rd

@mineofroses

I'm glad you appreciate, and thank you for the feel-good boost :)