Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Creativity and Finding Inspiration in Unexpected Places

MellowMusic July 20th

Hey everyone,

Recently, I had a mind-blowing experience with a virtual reality game called "Tea for God." What makes this game incredibly creative and inspiring is its unique approach to virtual reality. Unlike traditional games where you move within predefined spaces, "Tea for God" dynamically generates its world based on the physical space you have available. This means every time you play, the game adapts and creates new environments that fit the real-world space you're in.

Imagine walking through your own home and suddenly finding hidden corridors, expansive rooms, and unexpected challenges—all seamlessly integrated into your surroundings. This innovative use of VR technology not only immerses you in a thrilling adventure but also encourages you to explore and interact with your physical environment in ways you never thought possible.

Playing "Tea for God" sparked my curiosity about how creativity can transform our perceptions and interactions. It showed me that creativity isn't just about making something new; it's about reimagining possibilities and breaking free from conventional boundaries. This mindset has influenced how I approach problem-solving and innovation in my daily life, whether it's brainstorming ideas at work or exploring new hobbies.

What kind of creativity inspires you the most? Are there specific experiences or moments of creativity that have sparked new ideas or perspectives for you?

Can you share a time when encountering something creative led to a breakthrough in your thinking or approach to a challenge? What did you learn from that experience?

Let's celebrate creativity and share our stories of inspiration!

CreativeKombucha July 21st

@MellowMusic

1.  I find that drawing inspires me to be creative when it comes to art therapy.  I tend to draw symbols that represent other people who I have been wronged.  It helps me calm down

2. Breakthroughs using creativity, I can't really say that I have.

MellowMusic OP July 24th

@CreativeKombucha

That's awesome! Drawing helps me calm down as well - it clears my mind and the feeling of having created something always cheers me up!

CreativeKombucha July 25th

@MellowMusic

When I am angry, drawing these creative pictures helps me find clarity and peace

MellowMusic OP July 27th

I've come to realise truly how priceless peace is so I'm really glad to hear that!

Maslow July 27th

@MellowMusic I kept throwing paint onto a Christmas tree till I saw the whole picture

MellowMusic OP July 29th

Wait for real? That sounds incredibly fun!!!

Also if it's a plastic tree (you know the reusable ones?) then water soluble paints could be washed off and we could make a new masterpiece every year.

I think you've unlocked a new christmas tradition for me, thank you!

seaturtle54 July 31st

@MellowMusic hi!!

1. The kind of creativity that inspires me the most is musical creativity. I love listening to rock music and I can't explain it, it's just so cool the kinds of harmonies and guitar fills and bass lines that musicians create! Whenever I hear a really good song I'm inspired to write songs too, but they don't always turn out well 🤣

2. One time in math class I had a friend show me how to solve this trigonometry problem I was struggling with, and seeing the unique way she thought about it and manipulated the numbers inspired me to think creatively when doing math too!

MellowMusic OP August 2nd

That sounds awesome!! And I'm a firm believer that creating isn't always about a good end product but just about the process and joy of creating itself! Keep doing the things that inspire you! 💜

@MellowMusic

1. I have recently found pleasure in crocheting. I used to paint. But I have learned to crochet by watching YouTube videos. I also like to journal. 

2. Yes, learning to do new hobbies really is relaxing. It kind of broadens my mind as I learn.