Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

creative journal

childofYHWH October 7th, 2017

hello everyone!

i am new here and i hope i am not doing something stupid by making this thread. it is a tip for everyone. because i think it is important for a lot of people to put their feelings and thoughts on paper. i used to write in a journal but it was not sufficiant. why not? well because of a combination of autism and ptsd i sometimes loose language and more often i loose parts of language. and also: i dont always know how to name a feeling. so with a tip of a friend i bought a big photo-album and started to make pages about feelings, or happenings, and later on i learned i can even pray this way. i use every thing i want to use, for instance wooden sticks, feathers, tape (lots of different tapes), pictures, glitter, vilt, you name it! first i was afraid to mess up my journal so i made the most ugliest page i could come up with. and now i dont mind if its ugly. it is not about estatics, it is about expressing myself. and i really really can recommend it!!!!!! also can it be usefull when you want to explain how things work with you to someone else (a friend or therapist or...)

i am sorry if this is not the way i am supposed to use 7cups....

i wish you all the best!!!!!

with love, Koekka!

MorsVicta October 7th, 2017

It's an interesting idea, and good thinking to deliberately make the ugliest page you could up front to deal with the fear of messing up. As you say, it's about expressing yourself, and what's in our heads isn't always neat. Even if somebody doesn't use this exact idea, it's good to remember to get the feelings out somehow, and to give yourself permission to screw up.

How do you pray with your journal?

childofYHWH OP October 7th, 2017

@MorsVicta

praying in my journal can be like depicting my brokenness, my sin and how YHWH is building me up again. or trying to make an image of how our LORD is completely in power and i am totally dependant. or writing about me being gratefull and the glory of God. (yes i also write in this journal ;) )

offcourse everyone can think about an individual and personalized form of expressing him or herself. and the intentional screw-up helps a lot!!!

selfconfidentTangerine1778 November 5th, 2017

@MorsVicta

That sound like a great idea!

ellafu October 8th, 2017

@childofYHWH smiley I'd like to give it a try. Maybe today.

childofYHWH OP October 8th, 2017

@ellafu

cooooool! if you feel comfortable: please share how it is for you!!!

childofYHWH OP October 10th, 2017

helloooo fellow human beings!

can i post (not too personal) photos of my creative journals here? just to give people ideas and get them going maybe? i just dont know how. i am like a grandma with internet whahahhahahhahha! sooooo old! beginning to get a lot of grey hair!!! that i love! but thats not the point. the point is photos

BridgetAileen October 24th, 2017

@childofYHWH, I know I'd love to see some of your not-so-personal pages if you're willing to share them. Art is such a wonderful form of expression. And when it's *your* journal, you can do whatever you want according to how you feel...ugly, pretty, imperfect, or whatever. It's only about expression.

brunettebabe676 October 20th, 2017

@childofYHWH

Thank you for sharing!

I like to write in my journal about how I am feeling. I like to write in my book. I am hoping to be an author.

I like to take picture. I am a freelance photographer.

@childofYHWH

That sound interesting to do!