Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

How to have fun?

VioletSurvival0 December 11th, 2023

Hi...

Since a very young age, I have been working and studying 24\7 to manage to survive my life. Lately, I have come to realize that I don't know how to enjoy my time not how to have fun at all.

So I would like to hear about low-cost ideas for hobbies I can do to enjoy, and suggestions to encourage me to try new things!

MistyMagic December 14th, 2023

@VioletSurvival0  Hi there and welcome to Hobby Zone!

Have a read of this post here as there are so many suggestions, 

https://www.7cups.com/forum/hobbyzone/General_2426/Hobbies_316367/ 

Listening - One Step At A Time!

VioletSurvival0 OP December 27th, 2023

@MistyMagic

Dear misty Magic, thanks a lot for referring me to this amazing post. It was very helpful! 

SleepyShyCat December 16th, 2023

@VioletSurvival0

You can usually find low-cost items at charity shops, or if you know someone with a particular hobby you're interested in, it's likely if you ask they will let you try it out with their materials /introduce you to the hobby! 

For example, you can often find board games, puzzles, books and craft supplies in good condition at a low prices in a charity shop. 

Local community centers also sometimes hold groups either free of charge or low cost (donations) for different hobbies, and bonus would be doing those with a group of other people. 

For me I'm particularly fond of puzzles and journaling as my low-cost hobbies. Also hiking or walking! :) 

VioletSurvival0 OP December 27th, 2023

@SleepyShyCat

Dear sleepy shy cat, thanks a lot for finding the time to write me this thoughtful reply. You cave me some great ideas I never thought of. I will make sure to look your suggestions out. Thanks. 

jesusredeemedme2425 March 14th

Posting to make this more visible <3 I need the suggestions too! I forgot how to have fun lol