Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Mineral collecting

Avishai August 8th, 2019

Any other rockhounds out there?

Anomalia August 19th, 2020

Not me, but I have a cousin who is!

hardworkingIdea6336 November 1st, 2020

I wouldn't say I'm a rock hound but i have done a little mineral collecting before.

MilkyWay99 December 24th, 2020

Same. I've never was really into mineral collecting, but I can appreciate people who are doing that. It's a pretty cool hobby actually. My hobby always was camping. We've been going out in nature since I was a little kid. Now when I'm older I'm doing the same with my kid too. I even bought a 3 person tent from https://hot-tent.com/collections/3-person-tents for this kind of purpose.

dragonball4lyfe January 17th, 2021

I am!!! Oh how I love my collection. I have a huge stash of agates and crystals as well as fossilized wood. Im on the look out for ellensburg blues which can only be found near me :)

MistyMagic January 11th, 2022

@dragonball4lyfe wow you are really lucky then! Do you cut and polish or keep them natural?

Listening - One Step At A Time!

WorriedMagpie July 11th, 2022

No but I collect pretty rocks on my walks and try to look some of them up - does that count? 😅🤣

I think I've found a quartz geode a couple of plant and lichen fossils and a few other things I don't remember the names of - I love to get into proper rock/gem hunting that's an awesome hobby!