Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Call of Duty gamers and gamers in general

exampligratia December 27th, 2015

Hello all,

Its sale time on Steam and thinking about getting a game for a sibling. Considering the 2 games below as all others are too expensive for my budget.

So World at War (2008) and Modern Warfare 2 (2009) are the same price. Both also have 'very positive' reviews on Steam.

Anybody here played either one or both? Which do you think is better (i.e. more fun)?

exampligratia OP December 27th, 2015

Taking into account multiplayer as well.

Dw21 December 27th, 2015

I kinda remember playing both, it jus depends on the person playing it. Ikno that doesn't help.

My only concern would be since those games are "old" if there would be anyone to play online with( if that's what you meant by multiplayer). I think both are two player (somewhere down t he line cod stop making it so two pple could play together not online).

Anyways watch some youtube videos and look at the guns and graphics and pick one.

Lol ikno I wasn't helpful, goodluck tho

readyinfive December 27th, 2015

Modern Warfare 2 has definitely earned a lasting reputation as one of the richest Call of Dutys, and its single-player campaign was somewhat of a game-changer for first person shooters in general. Overall, gameplay and story have held up pretty well, so if your sibling hasn't played it yet then I'd recommend it out of the two. As mentioned by someone else, they are both old-ish games, so multiplayer might be a bit less popular either way, but I've read that there are still a couple thousand people playing Modern Warfare 2 online due to its notoriety, so it has that going for it as well.