Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Anyone else feel like they intentionally play tilting video games?

Zachi2 July 2nd, 2017

Like, I dont know if its just me wanting to play these games, or if im craving that aggression I feel when I get upset, but I cant seem to stop playing them. Leauge of Legends, Rainbow 6 Siege, to a lesser extend Heros of the Storm. I know when i get beyond tilted and stop playing (which then my friends are like. Why are you being such a quitter, which I then respond with "fine, I can keep playing and throw every match tonight if you want")

But Im curious if anyone else does this too

Side note. Would love to have more people to play games with :)

cristiana33 July 10th, 2017

@Zachi2

I play Dota 2 when angry or need to get out of a sneaky mood. It usually helps me focus on being more cooperative and supportive to win. However, I'm a beginner. Started in March and haven't played in the last 3 weeks as my computer isn't strong enough for the last updates.

On mobile I liked Dungeon Hunter 4.

Zachi2 OP July 15th, 2017

@cristiana33

I feel ya. I will go to something not compeditive but still needing some level of skill when I get super tilted and dont want to throw PvP games

ShadowGX July 19th, 2017

I used to before I realized it was doing more harm than good for me personally. My problem is I'm a perfectionist and I expect more of myself than I can give, so when I fail at games like that I take it harder than a "normal" person might and beat myself up over it. That coupled with likely negative human interaction (those types of games attract extremely toxic people) it's just not worth the headache to me. The only time I can really say I had a lot of fun in those games (played LoL, Dota 2 and Rainbow Six Seige) was when I was with a group of people I knew or who were in a clan I was part of and they were not toxic. The people really make or break those kinds of games for me.

In RSS I actually really enjoyed solo offline play and have thought about going back to it at some point to try the new ops and maps, it made me better at multiplayer too because I could practice my aim and different strategies for each map without feeling the pressure of other people.