Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What's your favourite thing to bake?

Moj July 30th, 2017

I love baking!! I don't always have a chance to bake, or the energy, but it's one of my hobbies I enjoy most!
Yesterday I baked two kinds of cookies and then shared them with a couple neighbours and brought my parents a bunch. It was so nice to spend some time baking again and be able to share my treats with others.

My favourite thing to bake are one of the kinds of cookies I made yesterday...Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip cookies. So easy, yummy and to top it off gluten free!!

What things do you enjoy baking most?

neatBalloon7178 February 20th, 2018

@CamiButterfly

That sounds amazing!!

RicardoReyes February 19th, 2018

Meringue. Cause its the easiest! Hehe

MollyCule February 19th, 2018

Cinnamon rolls. I make bomb-diggity cinnamon rolls.

heather465 February 19th, 2018

My favorite thing to bake is COOKIES!!!

fixeruppacuppa February 19th, 2018

Brownies! Me being me I always get anxious about making food or eating it but making it with my sister and friends makes it taste even better!

LoverofLove14 June 7th, 2018

@fixeruppacuppa

Omg i love chocolate brownies but i don't know how to make then

JayTheBird14 February 19th, 2018

Hmmm... either pound cake (not the American kind, the Dutch kind, mind you) or apple pie (again, the Dutch version). They're traditional Dutch foods that you often have with coffee around three/fourish?? It's just that everyone can make it, and everyone has their own recipe that goes down generations! Everyone has their own twist on the classics and there's a lot of things you can do if you feel like spicing your recipe up a little. That's what I like about it laugh

Moj OP August 21st, 2018

@JayTheBird14 those sound delicious! I'd be curious how they differ from the typical "american" versions. smiley

JayTheBird14 September 1st, 2018

@Moj

Hi, thanks for asking and showing interest laugh

The Dutch pound cake, we just call 'cake', I have found is a lot lighter (I suppose we whisk the eggs more??) and also a little drier than the American version. We also like to add either lemon or orange zest to the cake. Because it is drier we often eat it with whipped cream on top. Kids like to use sprinkles and candies on their wiped cream too, I always remember decorating my pound cakes when I was little, on birthday parties for example.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor cake versieren kinderfeestje

Kinda looks like this afterwards lol!

I suppose the difference in apple pies is that the Dutch one is very classic (my grandma is so strict about it!). You're always supposed to use green apples (looks prettier with the colours), you caramalize the apples but don't use any caramel (again, my grandma would go nuts) and you always ALWAYS add raisins. And loads of cinamon. Which is why I love this pie so much because I'm just a sucker for raisins and cinamon hahaha.

romanticthi3f September 25th, 2018

@JayTheBird14

I love the look of this! It looks so colourful smiley

philosophicalShip9444 February 19th, 2018

I baked some seafood fillets last night... they were delicious. Another thing I used to love were these baked zuccini sticks with parmesan cheese... :)

Moj OP August 21st, 2018

@philosophicalShip9444 those zucchini sticks sound delightful!! I can't do seafood due to an allergy, but I'm sure those are mighty tasty too!

philosophicalShip9444 August 27th, 2018

@Moj they are super simple to prepare too. Give them a try sometime :)

CoinFountain February 20th, 2018

Pastries!

Moj OP August 21st, 2018

@CoinFountain yum!!! What type of pastries are your favourite?

CoinFountain March 22nd, 2019

@Moj

Cream puffs

aveistupid February 20th, 2018

Muffins! ^-^ Ive never had cupcakes but muffins are really great haha

Moj OP August 21st, 2018

@aveistupid muffins ARE great!! My favourites are banana chocolate chip and blueberry. What are your favourite kinds?

SpruceRaven February 21st, 2018

Quiche

Emma88 May 3rd, 2018

Once I found Apple pie with the custard recipe on http://verytasty.us/ and tested it out, it has become my favourite thing to bake. I have heard of other forms of custard pie (or cream pies), but apple custard pie is something I had not seen before or since. It's very unusual still delicious

Moj OP August 21st, 2018

@Emma88 that's not something I've heard of before either, but it DOES sound good! You've got me curious and kind of wanting to try it now, haha!

Behindhazeleyes May 20th, 2018

I'm a huge fan of good old fashioned chocolate chip cookies!!

Moj OP August 21st, 2018

@Behindhazeleyes me too!!!

LoverofLove14 June 7th, 2018

I love baking bran muffins and chocolate cakes

Moj OP August 21st, 2018

@LoverofLove14 I love anything chocolate, haha!! And bran on occasion I'll enjoy too. smiley

apositivepsych June 7th, 2018

CHOCOLATE CAKE! heart

Moj OP August 21st, 2018

@apositivepsych YUM chocolate!! Do you put frosting on your cake, or eat it without?

SarloosWolfdog June 18th, 2018

I love making/eating handesh but I will never be as good as my nani.. I'll take it any day with warm milk :)))

Moj OP August 21st, 2018

@SarloosWolfdog I've never had handesh, what is it exactly? Sounds like you have wonderful memories of eating it together with family that made it. heart

DapperDanMan37 June 18th, 2018

I'm sure I'm not the best, but I love to bake up a mess of biscuits. I live in a small Korean city, so it's the only way I can eat them.

But after reading everyone's posts, there is now a fifty-way tie for my favorite baked good and there is a growing list of things to try.

Moj OP August 21st, 2018

@DapperDanMan37 biscuits are most definitely tasty!! That's great you've found a way to enjoy them, even if they don't carry them close to where you live.
Haha, I too have many new good ideas I want to try as well from what's listed here! What is the first you want to try (or have already tried)?

indigoNorth8142 August 22nd, 2018

cupcakes - they're easy so i don't get stressed out but you can do so much with them and they are delish

enthusiasticClementine2989 August 24th, 2018

@Moj Either Pizza or Banana Bread :)

redwaters August 27th, 2018

Cakes, cookies, and brownies.

dikshb September 15th, 2018

I love baking cakes

CrickettheSilent September 25th, 2018

I love to bake cheesecake

easyWater4109 September 25th, 2018

Hand pies with butter crust filled with fruit filling like apple cinnamon or savory with mushrooms & onions. I also like baking pasta dishes because I like eating the top part that gets crunchy on the edges.

wishfulrainbow October 18th, 2018

Pancake muffins, as in they're pancake textured, but muffin shaped

bountifulHero45 March 24th, 2019

I love baking cakes, brownies, and any desert type foods

paulibookworm March 25th, 2019

I love baking anything new and sweet, though I love things with fruit or spices like ginger. Or citrus, love citrus. One of the few things I